Author Topic: Albanian waiters  (Read 2133 times)

alybaba

Albanian waiters
« on: September 30, 2007, 12:29:14 am »
Why do most of them say they are greek only to be found out later in hols as we discovered and my daughter was right annoyed by it.

Steph

• Stephanie AKA Zante Zoro
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • A clock that does not work is right twice a day
Re: Albanian waiters
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2007, 01:15:00 am »
Because they know the reputation they have over there all though it is wrong to tarnish anyone with the same brush. There are some genuine ones, but I suppose the obvious answer is, your in Greece, they believe you will want a Greek not an albanian. Sorry to be blunt but it is what they say is from the horses mouth  :-\
Never explain.  Your friends do not need it and your enemies will not believe it anyway.  ~Elbert Hubbard, A Thousand and One Epigrams, 1911

Do not condemn the judgment of another because it differs from your own.  You may both be wrong.  ~Dandemis

Forum Admin

• Administrator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • He's not the messiah!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 08:59:46 am »
Even more annoying if you are a Greek person on holiday in Greece & the waiters can't speak Greek!

Oceanic Kevin

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Oceanic Rock Legend T-shirts available this season
    • Oceanic Chill Out Bar
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 09:38:58 am »
I know a few albanians and all very nice people young and old and these people i know are proud of being albanians
If you want to chill out on your holiday to Zakynthos there's only one place to be - OCEANIC
http://zanteholiday.wix.com/-oceanicchilloutbar