Author Topic: Flight Delay from Manchester  (Read 4112 times)

Sharon Baldwin

• Offline Offline
Flight Delay from Manchester
« on: June 15, 2008, 10:55:01 am »
Mother arrived at Manchester Airport this morning looking forward to her 2 weeks holiday in Kalamaki.

She checked in at 5.45am for the flight which departs 7.55am.  Only to find that its delayed till 10.45am.  Not sure why, will hopefully find out when she texts me later today.

Hope there are none when I go in July.

Has anybody else had any delays from Manchester up to now?

madmax

• Offline Offline
Re: Flight Delay from Manchester
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2008, 10:57:09 am »
We knew people last week who flew from Manchester and were delayed but it was only about an hour.

Mitch

kalgirl

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2008, 11:00:19 am »
Aww she must be flying with Excel then, we saw that delay on the Manchester airport website this morning, might be a technical fault with the aircraft because it was showing at 7am.

We had a delay on an hour flying out and a two hour delay flying back!!  Both problems at Manchester's end!!  ???

Sharon Baldwin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2008, 11:05:26 am »
Im sure she said it was Air Malta??

The flight number is KM6704V

euroChamps-2004

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2008, 11:29:24 am »
Yes it is air malta,  XL changed all their usual flights from manchester to Air Malta, so many people are still calling them the XL flights cos thats who has been seling them.

man airport site still not showing it as departed!

pavaroti pete

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2008, 12:10:11 pm »
Yes it is air malta,  XL changed all their usual flights from manchester to Air Malta, so many people are still calling them the XL flights cos thats who has been seling them.

man airport site still not showing it as departed!
yep a friend flew to zante last year with them he said it was a fantastic flight.only problem was he wanted to go to zante and was not happy when it landed in malta :-\ :) ;)

The Taggs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2008, 01:03:28 pm »
We were a bit concerned this morning too as we fly with Excel from Birmingham next Sunday at 0430 so checked there site this morning to see if this Sunday's had gone off on time but by the time i logged in at 8am the earlier departures weren't listed.

Thought that was a positive as obviously had gone on time or not been delayed too much. But i checked the Zakynthos airport arrivals online and it's not listed as landing there at all. There is the Thomas Cook flight listed which was due to take off at 0510 from Birmingham and seemingly set off about 90 minutes late but no mention of the XL one arriving at all.

Slightly concerned it not being listed at all, was it cancelled, was it not full enough and maybe they merged people on to the Thomas Cook one, i have no idea.

When we went to bed last night it was still listed on the Birmingham departures at 0430. All being well ours will be fine next week but it's planted the seed of doubt in our minds.

pavaroti pete

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2008, 01:10:21 pm »
pay a few bob more and get a decent flight time,dont you know the pilot and co pilot have to have a kip sometime.we all, like the pilots have a lie in now and again,this is what causes the delays.daytime flights they are up and raring to go ;D :) ;)

lancslass

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2008, 01:28:50 pm »
We were a bit concerned this morning too as we fly with Excel from Birmingham next Sunday at 0430 so checked there site this morning to see if this Sunday's had gone off on time but by the time i logged in at 8am the earlier departures weren't listed.

Thought that was a positive as obviously had gone on time or not been delayed too much. But i checked the Zakynthos airport arrivals online and it's not listed as landing there at all. There is the Thomas Cook flight listed which was due to take off at 0510 from Birmingham and seemingly set off about 90 minutes late but no mention of the XL one arriving at all.

Slightly concerned it not being listed at all, was it cancelled, was it not full enough and maybe they merged people on to the Thomas Cook one, i have no idea.

When we went to bed last night it was still listed on the Birmingham departures at 0430. All being well ours will be fine next week but it's planted the seed of doubt in our minds.

if you know the flight number you can search for that and it should tell you what time it left  :)

sarah-jane x

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2008, 03:31:24 pm »

Hi I did exactly the same as you too!!  Checked it at 7am and nothing on the BHX website and nothing except the TCooks on Zante flights website.
My cousin has flown out on that Air Malta flight this morning and she is ment to be texting me this week so if I find out any info I will post it here.
She also didnt know there was no meal on board till I told her the other day.

Chris, Danielle & Harley

• Offline Offline
  • Live Life To The Full.
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2008, 08:22:45 pm »
How do you or what is the web address to check on flights arriving into zante?

Christos

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Zante..........
    • Just Zante

Chris, Danielle & Harley

• Offline Offline
  • Live Life To The Full.
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2008, 08:49:32 pm »
thank you

The Taggs

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2008, 01:26:40 pm »

Hi I did exactly the same as you too!!  Checked it at 7am and nothing on the BHX website and nothing except the TCooks on Zante flights website.
My cousin has flown out on that Air Malta flight this morning and she is ment to be texting me this week so if I find out any info I will post it here.
[/quote]

Great minds think alike eh  :D

I suppose if you've not heard anything, no news is good news. If there was a problem she may have let you know by now to be aware of it for this Sunday.

5 days to go!

sarah-jane x

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2008, 04:50:32 pm »

Great minds think alike eh  :D

I suppose if you've not heard anything, no news is good news. If there was a problem she may have let you know by now to be aware of it for this Sunday.

5 days to go!
[/quote]

Emwa, my cousin has just text me and the air malta flight left on time and she said it was fine, she slept all the way!!
She said its 41 degrees and getting hotter so make sure I take some good suncream!! ;D