Author Topic: "monach strike action"  (Read 4849 times)

710scooby

• Offline Offline
"monach strike action"
« on: May 31, 2009, 10:13:47 am »
Well the peak season is nearly apon us and guess what strike action all over pay increase.the unions are demanding increases in pay that go along with the economy........what a joke,these people should think again a least there members have jobs,and at rate they wont have if another airline goes bust...........ANY VIEWS ON THIS :'(

Stan and Ollies Mum

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: "monach strike action"
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2009, 12:55:06 pm »
Human nature I guess!!!! Too many people get greedy, then the unions fuel the flames  ::) ::)
Just glad our unions negotiated an 8% pay rise, over 3 years, last year!!! Health care unions were wanting a "re-negotiation" till the recession hit, glad to see they've gone quiet again, but for how long I ask?
I suppose the other airlines staff will wait and see what becomes of this "battle" then they'll be submitting their own demands lol.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2009, 02:38:38 pm »
Human nature I guess!!!! Too many people get greedy, then the unions fuel the flames  ::) ::)
Just glad our unions negotiated an 8% pay rise, over 3 years, last year!!! Health care unions were wanting a "re-negotiation" till the recession hit, glad to see they've gone quiet again, but for how long I ask?
I suppose the other airlines staff will wait and see what becomes of this "battle" then they'll be submitting their own demands lol.

We "negotiated" 0% over 1 year , is that any good? or are we just rubbish :laugh:

Oggwyn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2009, 04:05:46 pm »
My pay rise was 0% "but you`ve still got a job " which i suppose is something to be thankfull for .

lancslass

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2009, 04:17:28 pm »
My pay rise was 0% "but you`ve still got a job " which i suppose is something to be thankfull for .

same as my hubby, the only time he gets a pay rise is when the minimum wage rises

shaun294

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2009, 05:19:18 pm »
I work in the aviation industry and my pay rise this year is also a large round number! Like some of `our` fellow workers we too are not happy with the situation. Unlike others though, we DO appreciate still having jobs and if a pay freeze is the way to maintain this situation then bring it on...

paul m

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2009, 10:57:43 pm »
well if is any consolation we aint had a rise for 3.5 years and with the motor trade on its ass we dont look like getting one for a while yet. add to this we are paid on bonus so our wages as technicians in our company have decreased by about 10% on 4 years ago so we are really struggling, hence only 1 cheap week in zante this year and thats at the sacrifice of my football season ticket for next season :( :( :(

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2009, 09:38:17 am »
Resurected this topic.

After last year rise of nothing, our pay rise for this year has been postponed  and now will be "reviewed" in Feb

Now if I was a cynical type, I might think that employers are using the "recession" as an excuse to drive down wages despite the fact that work wise we do seem to be quite busy ;)

Anyone had any positive movement on salaries yet?

Kaz

• Kaz
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2009, 12:07:58 pm »
I was surprised to get a pay rise in the summer but grateful ;D 

starfish

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2009, 07:39:31 pm »
we usually get a payrise in april but didn't this year and next year doesn't look promising either.
on a good note, no payrise enabled us to all keep our jobs for the time being and as Michael and me both work for the same organisation, thats a relief.
payrise would've been welcome but I'm counting my blessings for now  :)

bigOpete

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2009, 09:57:50 pm »
I was lucky enough to get a 3.8% pay rise last may but i would gladly have taken a 0% rise to secure my job as i am allmost certainly being laid off as of the 1st january.Happy new year all those lucky enough to have jobs.From your posts you are being positive and well done to you all in these difficult times.
I wonder how hard or easy it is to become prime minister,good wage,never ending expence allowance,holidays a plenty and a proven ability to get things wrong.
no i would never get that job as i have a clear concience.
Don.

Sonia

• Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
    • Utility Warehouse
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 02:06:52 pm »
Didn't get a pay rise last year, they said what we would rather, no pay rise and keep jobs or.....

Guess what, no pay rise and we are all being made redundant anyway. Load of scumbags!  It's not about money either, they just wanted to get rid of us.
Want to save money each month??? Check out my website http://www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk/chamsonoptions

cathy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 03:40:52 pm »
No pay rise for us this year either and it doesn't look promising for next year.  Thats if we still have a job  ??? :(

CleanBiker

• Offline Offline
    • KenDry Carpet Cleaning
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2009, 04:36:34 pm »
Being a sole trader I am able to keep a very tight rein on finances. Income this last year was down by 5k but fortunately this equates to the sort of amount I would use for reinvestment in the business. I didn't need to reinvest much this year so my standard of living has more or less been maintained.

Unlike a friend of mine. He had a small printing business with 20 or so employees. He asked them to go on a four day week as there was not enough work. No problem says the union rep. but you'll still have to pay us for 5 days :o

There wasn't any money in the kitty for redundancy pay and the business went under :'(

Ken