Author Topic: new to kalamaki  (Read 3618 times)

pat1953

• Offline Offline
new to kalamaki
« on: May 01, 2010, 09:41:31 pm »
hi will be going to kalamaki very soon just wondering if bars and restaurants are open for business and is the weather warming up now, is it cold at night early in the season, sorry for all the questions but like to be prepared thanks pat.

carol57

• Offline Offline
Re: new to kalamaki
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 10:29:52 pm »
Hello Pat 1953.  How soon are you holidaying?  You would need a cardigan or little jacket when its getting darker.  We have been a few times in second half of May and been hot during day but cooler at night. Yes you'll find most places open and it is easier to go exploring this time of year.  You can get around on buses and Zante town is lovely.  Everyone is glad to help on this site - don't worry.

refresh41

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.kalamakiminigolf.com.freeservers.com
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2010, 04:53:45 am »
hello pat1953.
most of the busyness will opening today in kalamaki.
is very warm during the day but at night time is  little chili, so you
might consider a jacket for night walk.
if you want the best meals & breakfast visit D & B'S BAR & GRILL in Kalamaki.

pat1953

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2010, 09:39:54 am »
thank you for replys I can start packing now pat

potsy

• Offline Offline
  • roll on zante
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2010, 03:06:13 pm »
this time last year we were packing our bags. we had 14 days of glorious weather with a few days in the mid 30 s , i found it warm as well @ night , but in previous years sometimes a cardy may be needed @ night

refresh41

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.kalamakiminigolf.com.freeservers.com
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2010, 05:00:33 am »
hello potsy . Nice to find you here.
it was very nice to meet you last year.
i am not sure if you going to visit kalamaki this year!!  are you?

best regards to you all.
if you want the best meals & breakfast visit D & B'S BAR & GRILL in Kalamaki.

potsy

• Offline Offline
  • roll on zante
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2010, 08:00:11 pm »
We are off to tukey in july , but hoping for a week in september. Sadly i couldnt find a good deal and i am dreading turkey.

alcollins67

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2010, 09:02:22 pm »
We are off to tukey in july , but hoping for a week in september. Sadly i couldnt find a good deal and i am dreading turkey.

hate to be a doom and gloom merchant went to turkey last year on a gulet cruise fantastic time on gulet but went out on our last night  in Marmaris with a few from the boat please check drinks prices before you purchase we went in one bar and 2 bottles of beer cost 10 pounds the bar was busy but very few where drinking ,needless to say we left but we noticed loads of off licences doing a roaring trade with seating areas outside it seemed that all the bars where busy but with very few people drinking   found turkey to be very expensive we went with the misconception that it was cheap 

haddman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 07:36:33 am »
Cant talk about Marmaris but we go to Turkey twice a year as well as Zante and the places we go to in Turkey we can have a meal for 2 for 10 last year a bottle of beer was 3 lira and the exchange rate was 2.50 lira to the pound, I know (not talking about flights and accomadation) we have to take about 300 more when we go to Zante than we do for Turkey, Potsy if you need any more info please pm me.

madmax

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 01:42:28 pm »
Pat, I always find the evening nice and cool but my wife and kids always take a cardy.  Many people sit on balconys so don't worry. 

In May we always find it's a bit quieter but plenty of people roaming around to chat to and restaurants and bars buzzing but with seats available.

We're off to Tunisia in a few weeks and are really nervous because we ALWAYS do kalamaki, but like Potsy, we didn't find a good deal this year and next year is looking worse, but it's my 40th so I plan on spending it in Kalamaki! ;D

If you have never been, you will be back.

Mitch

alcollins67

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 07:21:05 pm »
Cant talk about Marmaris but we go to Turkey twice a year as well as Zante and the places we go to in Turkey we can have a meal for 2 for 10 last year a bottle of beer was 3 lira and the exchange rate was 2.50 lira to the pound, I know (not talking about flights and accomadation) we have to take about 300 more when we go to Zante than we do for Turkey, Potsy if you need any more info please pm me.

maybe i need to travel elsewhere in turkey before being to hasty but marmaris is Extremly expensive i thought i was making a mistake with the exchange rate my first visit a fish bowl cocktail in marmaris was get this 55 pounds the same size that you would buy in kalamaki for 10 euros
 the second visit was not by choice it happened to be where the gulett cruise ended

anne s

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Kalamaki is Heaven
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 08:52:17 pm »
Potsy,we are off to Olu Deniz for a change and cant wait.Heard great things and been on the trip advisor forums for info.Zant end of Aug so best of both worlds.

haddman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 08:43:51 am »
Anne you will enjoy Olu Deniz try Sugar Beach friends of mine run it Louise & Phil, also for night life Hisaronu and dont miss Kayakoy(Ghost Village) its a old Greek Village, have a look at www.hisaronu.co.uk gives you all the info for that area,have a great time.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 08:45:54 am by haddman »