Author Topic: Mobility Scooters  (Read 5311 times)

Big Steve

• Offline Offline
Mobility Scooters
« on: August 16, 2010, 06:28:54 am »
Has anyone successfully used or even seen mobility scooters in use in Tsilivi? A former frequent visitor to Tsilivi wishes to return but now has to use a scooter.  I know footpaths etc have improved over the last few years and many premises have ramps etc but I can't say I've seen a scooter in use.  Your thoughts and observations please.
Find me on Facebook, search via steve.vincent41@ntlworld.com

meg

• Offline Offline
Re: Mobility Scooters
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2010, 05:51:17 pm »
I know of someone who took a scooter to Kalamaki.  The biggest problem is that most of them are too big to go on the coach or in a taxi and this paticular person had to find someone with a van to transport it back to the airport for them, on the way in she rode it down to Kalamaki and a fellow passenger walked with her.
It should not be too much of  a problem in Tsilivi depending on where they are staying, some of the pavements are very narrow as by Paradise Bar.  Just sound the horn and mow everyone down if they won't get out of the way.   ;D

Big Steve

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2010, 09:03:20 pm »
Thanks for that reply, I may as well ask if anyone hires the things out as that eliminates the the transfer problems.

tom1cat1

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:59:21 pm »
Hi,
My mother-in-law who is disabled, took her mobility scooter on holiday to Tsilivi with no problem.  the flight was with Monarch Airlines, but you needed to contact them before flying, to check that it's ok to take with you as some batteries are not safe to be taken on the aircraft.
With Monarch, they take you right to the plane door on the scooter in the UK (Gatwick) and in Zante, they collect you from the airplane, bring the scooter right to the aircraft to the door, and then transporting you to the building.
With the transfers, as there was 3 of us travelling, 2 went by taxi to the resort, and the other travelled with the suitcases on the coach.
The scooter was of a collapsible type, which broke down into 5 parts including the batteries.

As for using the scooter in Tsilivi, we had no problems at all.

It is possible to hire a wheelchair over there, but it works out better to take your own wheelchair, again they take you right to the aircraft door, we have done all 3 options, but have no found anywhere to hire a mobility scooter over there.

Hope the above helps, if you need more details please contact me

Cheers

Tom

Big Steve

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2010, 11:50:23 am »
Thanks for that most useful information.  I'll pass it back to the guy I was enquiring for...  He won't be going until next year and although I have no idea of the spec' of his scooter or its batteries, he'll have plenty of time to sort something out that will be suitable...  Thanks again Steve