Author Topic: Allocation on arrival  (Read 1658 times)

HellyJelly

• Offline Offline
Allocation on arrival
« on: August 02, 2011, 02:06:16 pm »
Me and my fella have booked a week in Tsilivi but to make our holiday cheaper (couldn't find any cheap breaks anywhere) we booked an Olympic Smart Deal where we know which resort we're going to, but not the accommodation.  I've since heard bad reports about Olympic, and especially Strategic Airlines who we'll be flying with.  Has anybody else recently been on a similar holiday, and how was it?  We're just a bit nervous about ending up somewhere grotty, although having been to Zakynthos many times before, I realise that's probably unlikely!  Any comments/thoughts would be greatly appreciated. 

We have considered amending it to named accommodation but we'll end up paying a fee, plus the additional holiday cost, and we may not even be able to amend it at this late stage (we fly on 8th Sept). 

real ale drinker

• Offline Offline
Re: Allocation on arrival
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 05:40:51 pm »
We went with Olympic (although not a Smart Deal) in June and had no problems apart from a delay coming home.
Having said that, we did know where we were staying  :)
We flew with Sky Wings, a Greek Airline, again no complaints.
I'm sure you'll be fine.

Big Steve

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 08:11:51 pm »
Allocation on arrival can be a bit of a lottery, best frame of mind is that you're not on holiday to stay in your room...  Make the best of it and enjoy your time away... 

Sky Wings may be a different matter... They had a massive delay yesterday on their Birmingham flight...  It arrived in the UK about 11 hours behind schedule...  However the Olympic Rep' at the airport is alleged to have done nothing for 9 hours other than say it wasn't her fault, only when people started collapsing did she apparantly organise drinks. (I've chosen my words carefully there in case anyone is going legal on them). 

Best advice would be to prepare for all eventualities, Greece is struggling at the moment and a lot of people stand to lose everything they have, nerves are bound to be a little frayed and to be honest it's understandable because, as ever it'll be the "little people" that lose the most.
Find me on Facebook, search via steve.vincent41@ntlworld.com

woody

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 08:32:08 pm »
great comments from you steve, your last paragraph relating to thise little people really hit home, things are bad enough for us but i can only imagine how much worse things are for them, nice 1.