Author Topic: Angeliki Studios  (Read 3198 times)

Honnor

• Offline Offline
Angeliki Studios
« on: September 02, 2011, 10:41:00 am »
Hi All

myself and other half and another couple are staying in the Angeliki Studios in Laganas at the end of sept, not many reviews around so does anyone know what they are like? Also, cos of the current financial climate we are not comming ladened with cash so will have to pick and choose the restaurants we visit, can anyone recommend any, I read Akropolis is good? Also are there any resonably priced supermarkets in Laganas, beer, wine and lunch stuff is what were need?

Never been before and not too sure Laganas is the rignt place for a group of 30 somethings but I asume it will be quiter at the end of sept, non the less looking forward to it!

Thanks all for your help and advice,

Paul

auntie barb

• Offline Offline
  • Kallithea in Zante is heaven on earth.
Re: Angeliki Studios
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2011, 04:57:13 pm »
Acropolis is excellent, as is the Blue Sea on the beach - get to the bottom of the strip and turn right. Also good is Tassos  - bottom of the strip and turn left. There is a Dia supermarket on the way out of Lagana just passed the crossroads to Kalamaki. Hope this helps a bit, enjoy your holiday.

Honnor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 06:09:31 pm »
Hi Auntie

Thanks for your advice, we are used to going to Ibiza so hoping Zante will be a bit cheaper!

Paul

removed quotes
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 01:03:46 am by Christos »

lenkew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 09:03:43 pm »
I lived in Ageliki for a season (2004) and while they have probably been improved they were a bit basic. I will say they were always clean and there was always plenty of hot water. They are situated in a nice quiet place alongside the Hotel Alexander so you could probably use their pool. There are plenty of shops and tavernas within 5 minutes walk. The elderly couple who own the place only had very basic English but if we ever had a problem they always called their son to interpret - but too be honest we rarely had probs and were there for 6 months. Bit busy at present but will PM you a few ideas tomorrow.
 ;D 8) ::) :laugh:
Still fishing.

Honnor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2011, 07:50:47 am »
Cheers!

Have read they where redecorated in 2008, from the pics they seem fine and suggest we use the Olympia Hotel pool. This is also the first time we have traveled independently, booking flights and accommodation separate via On The Beach. Have purchased Cabin Max bags so only taking hand luggage as it makes it even cheaper.

Is there a reception at the Angeliki? if not, how do we pick up keys etc?

Thanks again

Paul
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 10:00:41 am by Christos »

lenkew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2011, 10:50:25 am »
I don't think there is a reception as such, unless there have been major changes but the couple who own and run the place live on site in the house on the left so no problems there. If they give you some of there wine, be really careful, it's 40 proof paint stripper.
 ;D :o ::) :laugh:
Still fishing.

Honnor

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2011, 12:07:54 pm »
I look forward to it!  ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2011, 08:26:10 pm by Christos »

lenkew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2011, 07:30:08 pm »
Honnor - I have sent you a PM re the studios etc - Len.
 ;D 8) ::) :laugh:
Still fishing.