Author Topic: Paying an 18 - 30 holiday  (Read 2880 times)

anne s

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Kalamaki is Heaven
Paying an 18 - 30 holiday
« on: May 11, 2012, 08:43:52 pm »
Anyone booked 18-30 as paid deposit and cant seem to pay the rest online.Not like T.cook where you can make a payment.

alfa

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I found the easter bunny....yumm yumm
Re: Paying an 18 - 30 holiday
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2012, 07:02:20 pm »
I don't think there's many of us on here that would have that problem, I don't think we're the 18-30 demographic  ;D ;D ;D
Seriously though Portland Direct were like that a few years ago you could do everything online right up to paying the final balance, you could only do that by calling a premium rate number & it used to take ages. Strangely enough if you made a late booking you could pay the total amount online at the time of booking  ::) ::)

Elena

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2012, 08:37:59 pm »
I have had a similar problem when trying to pay for a holiday with a Visa Debit card. Every time I entered the card number it told me the type of card was incorrect. Eventually my son told me to enter the card type as a Maestro card (??) and hey presto, it worked. There was a charge of a few pounds which there should not have been but I was just glad that the payment went through ok. What a pallaver to pay money!!!!

anne s

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Kalamaki is Heaven
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2012, 09:20:58 pm »
T.cook shop were soooo rude.Didnt help me at all told me cause i never booked with the shop i had to phone.Tried to tell her i treated the boys on my card and because im not lead name cant phone.I wont go to her again!

alfa

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I found the easter bunny....yumm yumm
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2012, 08:39:49 am »
Is there a facility to pay online & it won't take your card or is it that they just won't let you pay at all online?
Like Elena, I've had problems at other suppliers where the site doesn't recognise  visa debit cards & you have to enter it as an "electron" (I think!). There should be a drop-down on the site with a list of card types.
If you can't actually pay online the invoice/confirmation should tell you what to do. If you want to pay with your card just get your son to call & give them your card details, there shouldn't be a problem doing that, I've done it a few times for my lads with different things.
I think the shop were probably just being arsy, it's unbelievable how hard it can be to get some companies to take your money.

P.S. Pay by credit card, it's more secure & you get the credit card gaurantee if you're paying more than 100
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:41:38 am by alfa »