Author Topic: Have you been recently? (yet another question about Wi-Fi)  (Read 3472 times)

IGoCommando

• Not Long Now
  • Offline Offline
Have you been recently? (yet another question about Wi-Fi)
« on: August 06, 2012, 09:13:19 pm »
Do the majority of places have free Wi-Fi now. Can you name the places you went to that had it. Am hopeful that there is quite a few places to choose from for it.

Many thanks.

*Di*

• Offline Offline
Re: Have you been recently? (yet another question about Wi-Fi)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 09:57:36 pm »
Was there 3 weeks ago.... Only place that I managed free Wi-Fi easily was at Zepos restaurant...  Just asked and they gave me their password... Also asked and was given password in Olive Tree, but couldnt get it to work somehow?..  Sure others will come up with more... Our Hotel *The Roseland* had a password I could use on my phone instead of using their Computer, but I would have had to pay the same rate, which was a bit steep I thought so didnt bother..

lancslass

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 08:03:43 am »
I'm here at the moment in Kalamaki and lots of places have WiFi just ask for the code and no probs

llindy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 02:55:44 pm »
We used the WIFI at the Antonis apts last year , just ask for the code , but the range isn't very good

karenb

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 06:42:05 am »
I think that they must have improved this because I was there in May and I could use the WiFi all around the pool and on the balcony of my room in B block  ;D
« Last Edit: August 08, 2012, 11:32:04 am by Christos »

IGoCommando

• Not Long Now
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2012, 05:18:53 pm »
How about bars and restaurants in Laganas?

Last time I was out there in 2010, there were a few places then but I'm guessing now that almost all places are equipped/that it's quite a common place thing.

alfa

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I found the easter bunny....yumm yumm
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2012, 07:41:58 pm »
Can't say for definite about Laganas, but most of the other resorts have had lots more places offering free wi-fi over last year & this year especially. I think most bars etc will have it as they're starting to realise its an important thing for most people now (& it doesn't cost them a fortune to lay it on). Anywhere that does have it will have a notice board outside telling you so just have a wander round & see what's available. Most places don't have much "range" though & you might find you can only get good reception sitting at (or very close to) the bar, I'm sure you'll cope with that hardship  ;) ;)

IGoCommando

• Not Long Now
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2012, 08:17:21 pm »

I think I'l manage, lol.

O2 have this deal. 1.99 per day for up to 25mb of data usage you only get charge the 1.99 on the days you actually use it. So if say (for example) I want to check-in on facebook, that's 1.99 for that whole day or, if I check in, check sky news, tweet a bit a dozen times on another day, that's still only 1.99.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 12:02:45 pm by Christos »

*Di*

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2012, 10:33:37 pm »
I had a similar deal with Vodaphone... checking Facebook soon used my data up..  I made the most of the time I managed Free Wifi, but felt a bit ignorant using my phone whilst eating in the restaurant with friends who didnt have a phone with internet..  :-\