Author Topic: letsos never again  (Read 3352 times)

aggie

• Offline Offline
letsos never again
« on: October 03, 2012, 06:51:40 pm »
ok where do i start,, to cut a long story short, thinking we werent getting our annual alykanas fix this year a lovely ppi claim came through,, 1st thots aykanas.. booked flights with tc,, on to hotels4u,, letsos reasonable priced ok booked. we had seen the reviews but gave them benefit of doubt.. BAD MOVE,,, ok folks here goes,,, landed 5am  through passport control,,got baggage,, outside in2 taxi,, thot we would try our luck c if we could get in2 room,, arrived letsos 6am,, went to reception,, oh yes we expecting u, u in room 8 it not ready just now,, but,, we can give u room in hotel right away if u pay air con,, no sorry dont want air con,, ok u come bak 1 oclock, ok will do,, but room 8 very hot u will need air con,, no mate i am from scotland i need very warm lol,, ok 1 oclock,,, u can leave ur baggage if u want,, ok where will we put it,, over there in corner,,, yip corner of the bloody reception,,, eh no its ok,, so off we went along the beach to valais hotel in the dark, sitting on beach waiting on valais opening the lovely katerina appeared,, wats going on aggie why u sitting there,, told her the saga,, ok up in2 hotel shower and sleep,,, friends dad took uz bak to letsos at 1 oclock in car with baggage,, different person on reception,, showed us to room,,, OMG the room was over pool bar and souvenier shop, front door faced the side of letsos super market,, opened door, dumped bags, looked round room,, paint all peeling of the beds, tv bracket hanging out wall,, 2 inch crack over balcony doors,, no kettle, (pay extra for that), kitchen sink was ingrained, fridge was rusted and rattled like a tractor all night, 1 cup,, shower tray was black mould round it, taps on sink corroded, shower tray plug hole was full of hair, toilet cistern leaking kept filling up and dripping all night valve to stop water was corroded so my partner had to jam ballcock every evening so we could sleep,,,knowing that complaining was not going to go down well,,, our 2 wks consisted of sleep,wake, shower and out of there,,, bak at 6ish, shower and out of there,, bak about 1 ish sleep and repeat lol,,,,wen the storm came for 24 hours we couldnt even sit on the balcony which was enclosed as there was 2 inches of water lying in it as there was a huge crack rite along it where the rain was pouring through,,, ok well think thats my rant over, now sending the email to hotels4u with pictures attached of the hellhole they r advertising

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: letsos never again
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2012, 09:41:30 pm »
Why did you not ask to be moved?

Not that you should have been given such a room in the first place....but I don't understand why you put up with it...

"..knowing that complaining was not going to go down well.."

Screw not going down well....many Letsos reviews suggest a polite request would have got you a decent room ???.

maddy9

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2012, 10:08:15 pm »
Hi Aggie let us know what hotels 4 you say . Our friends who we usually travel to Alykanas with won't go to the Letsos ......... once bitten twice shy !! we on the other hand have been back and it certainly does not improve !

aggie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2012, 10:33:10 pm »
hi mike,, we didint ask to get moved as all the apartments in that block were the same,, and we were not willing to pay for the aircon to b moved into main hotel,, at the end of the day we only slept and washed in it,,, spent all day at the valais. my point is that do hotels4u actually view these apts b4 putting them on website,, cant wait to c wat they say wen they c the pics lol,,,,, maddy i sure will let u know wat they say

evertonian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2012, 11:01:17 pm »
i cant wait to hear wot hotels for you say either.I booked a cheap deal a few weeks ago through travel republic for my wife and i for a weeks stay in alykanas,hotel letsos was supposed to be our accomodation but having stayed there 3 years ago and having to be moved decided to book alternative accomodation elsewhere in the resort.I was fortunate to get such a cheap deal that i could book some where else and not really be out of pocket,its a shame that the letsos will get paid even though i wont be using the room.

pat.e10

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 07:59:53 am »
that is awful
it doesnt matter how much you pay your accomodation should be of a standard that you can at least be comfortable
i have booked loads of last minute breaks and we have always gone with the view as long as it is clean and safe to be in ok
the letsos sounds dangerous
will be interested to see what hotels4u say

Sonia

• Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
    • Utility Warehouse
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 01:16:29 pm »
Our first stay at the Letsos, May 1996 I think, we were put in one of those rooms (the bar was elsewhere and the supermarket was yet to be buit) and they were in pretty much that condition then!!! Eleni persuaded us to keep the room as she said we would have plenty of hot water! Anyway, we had a fabulous holiday and returned the next year and got put in the same apartments again!  In the meantime, I'd seen the other rooms on offer and they weren't much better so decided to stay put.

I returned yet again end of season a few years ago and this time was allocated a hotel room.  Although they are much better than the apartments over the bar, they weren't particularly clean.  Had another great holiday though.

For pretty much the same price, you can stay at the Plessas Palace.  Not in such a good position as Letsos but the rooms are much nicer and you couldn't wish for a nicer family to look after you.

Did you need the baby wipes again this time Maddy???? ;D
Want to save money each month??? Check out my website http://www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk/chamsonoptions

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 10:22:09 pm »
I've stayed at the Letsos many times and there are indeed some horrible rooms (I know once we were put in one of the loft hell holes) but also there are some lovely rooms. It's a shame there's such a miss match of standards but apart from the poorer rooms we find it a great place to stay. Location, Pool, Bar, Mel, the two Dennis's are just great !

cathy

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2012, 08:55:48 am »
We've also stayed there and had no problems.  As Tony said its a great location and I find the family to be really friendly and welcoming.  Have had many a good night in the bar with the two lovely Dennis'.  I must admit that the room wasn't as clean as it could have been but it didn't put us off and I would stay there again without hesitation. 

spaceman

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2012, 03:24:07 pm »
you said it just as it happened to us i thought i was reliving it (scarry)
we went the year before and the standards have got worse
its not a palace were after just basic standards
berhaps iam a little biasd as i wasnt bought a drink by the owner !!

maddy9

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2012, 03:57:05 pm »
Hi Sonia , hope you are well .
 ahhhhhhhhh the baby wipes  :)) that was Nicola and she won't NEVER go back to the Letsos no matter how much we ask her or how CHEAP !!!!! She has found much better accommodation which she is more than  happy with ,  basic but very clean .

aggie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 10:24:22 pm »
just an update on this farce,,, after sending an email to hotels4u >:( i did receive a reply saying they would look into my complaint,,, in november i send another asking for an update, the reply came back saying that they were looking into as was said in previous email, but as it was the middle of the high season some hoteliers were extremely busy and taking longer to reply :laugh: my reply went back to them saying as i have been going to greece for the last 9 years i know that the season ends in october for them and to say it was the high season was total garbage and would like an answer on this soon,,, 7 weeks later i am still awaiting an outcome on this >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( i am now looking into taking this further .

evertonian

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2013, 03:46:31 pm »
hi aggie,it sounds to me that its one of two things,they cannot get a response from the letsos owners or they just cannot be bothered following up your complaint.whichever one this is its certainly not good enough and consumers need to know about things like what happened to you and numerous other people (me included) hope you get some response soon because im dying to find what they have to say.