Author Topic: Ioannis and Dannyʼs  (Read 2038 times)

david-em

• Offline Offline
Ioannis and Dannyʼs
« on: October 05, 2012, 08:45:22 pm »
Hi folks, not been to Alykanas for 7 years, never stayed at Ioannis and Dannys although did stay ay Katrinas across the road as well a few other places in Alykanas. Has anyone stayed there recently who could tell us what its like now and is Busters bar still opened  cos we used to go to there for the quizzes which were great fun?

Many thanks
David

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Ioannis and Dannyʼs
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2012, 08:53:27 pm »
Never stayed at Danny's but certainly it gets many more good reviews than bad. Sure lots of people will come on and say positive stuff.

Busters is still open but under different ownership from your day....mixed reviews I think would be the kindest description.

tonybax

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2012, 08:26:21 am »
we stayed at dannys as a family of seven and loved the whole set up, great pool great bar and great food.
went for the day in june and nowt has changed its still spot on.
would have no hesitation staying again.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2012, 09:47:44 am »
I've stayed at Danny's several times, went there this year (June), rooms had been re-furbished as were most of the other facilities, it's a great choice of accommodation. As for Busters not my cup of tea at all since the Albanian guy took it over last season. I'm a larger guy especially around the middle and it took great patience not to snap and wade into them with their fatty comments as I passed by.
They have no respect for holidaymakers and play loud music till well past the generally accepted midnight, must be a police backhander involved there !!!
Check out Danny's here:-  http://www.dannyshotel.com/rooms/

Sonia

• Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
    • Utility Warehouse
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2012, 12:18:35 pm »
The rooms, the pool, the bars and gardens - all good, a great place to stay.

Agree with Tony re Busters, would never go in there even if I could drink free all night.  I have no idea why they are so busy and why they seem to get away with murder. We were in Memories one evening around 9 having a meal and they were playing Alice, Alice who the F is Alice at full-blast - not what you want to hear in a family resort at that time of night. >:(
Want to save money each month??? Check out my website http://www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk/chamsonoptions

staffies

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2012, 12:41:51 pm »
We stayed at Dannys a few years ago really good rooms. They do a Quiz night at the bar and also a great value Greek Night Stellios and his staff are great as is Yannis who runs the snack bar. I would agree with comments about Busters would also not go in even if everything was free.

liz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 06:47:38 pm »
We've stayed there 3 years running love the place rooms are big clean pool is great and the staff are really lovely. Have booked for May next year. :)