Author Topic: 1st holiday with the lads!!  (Read 3021 times)

jackybee

• Offline Offline
1st holiday with the lads!!
« on: November 20, 2012, 12:49:57 pm »
Looking for some decent apartments for my son and his mates whom are hoping to go next July (2013), after somewhere close to nightlife but not right on main road. It will be their 1st holiday on their own and there will be about 10 of them - I've seen some of the apartments last year and they didnt look the best  :-\ - any suggestions folks?

christinecarol

• Offline Offline
Re: 1st holiday with the lads!!
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2012, 01:21:35 pm »
Don't think that 11 lads on their first holiday in Laganas will be too bothered about having the best accomodation. The only time they will be in their rooms is during the day when they they are asleep !!!  I would read reviews on Trip Advisor before booking as you get a good variety of reviews. Good luck with your search.

jackybee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2012, 11:21:59 am »
They are actually bothered where they stay - thats why i've posted the request! Have been to Kalamaki for the last 3 years and have visited Laganas so know that there are some dives, as there are in most resorts, so would really appreciate any recommendations.
Thanks again  :)

Christos

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Zante..........
    • Just Zante
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2012, 01:21:08 pm »
I would read reviews on Trip Advisor

What's wrong with our very own

http://www.justzante.co.uk/laganas.htm

I must admit, it doesn't get used that much these days.

Stan and Ollies Mum

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2012, 01:51:11 pm »
Friends of ours stay quite often in Laganas, when they do they stay at the Acapulco Marinos Studios, which are just off the main strip near the mini go-cart track and the police station. Nancy and Marinos who own them are fab, the studios are good, and we've been there several times for BBQ night. The first time our son went to Zakynthos he was staying at the Perkes Hotel, he HATED it, so he spent most of his days/nights down at Acapulco, and even ended up doing the bar/music for Marinos!!
Here's the link on TA http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g658915-d1169159-Reviews-Acapulco_Marinos_Apartments-Laganas_Zakynthos_Ionian_Islands.html

Failing that our friends own some apartments/studios at the other end of the strip, turn right by KFC and it's a little way up that road, we stayed there in October and the studio was lovely, basic, but spotlessly clean. If you are interested in them, message me and I'll get all the details for you, as they don't advertise in the UK and take bookings via Dutch and Italian tour ops.

jackybee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2012, 12:47:52 pm »
Thanks for that Lesley - really helpful, hopefully will get something booked for them soon.  ;)