Author Topic: Workers Accommodation Kalamaki  (Read 6930 times)

*Melanie*

• Offline Offline
  • I <3 Kalamaki !!! Antonis Pool Bar :)
    • Facebook
Workers Accommodation Kalamaki
« on: November 21, 2012, 05:36:01 pm »
Hello  :)
I am hopefully going to work in Zante next year and was wondering if anyone knew any studios in Kalamaki for workers, I have heard you can get a studio for around 250/300 a month but i can only seem to find the holiday apartments/studios which cost most and aren't rented out per month. If anyone knows the names of any studios for workers or contact details/websites please let me know  ;D
Thanks very much
Melanie x ;D

lancslass

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Workers Accommodation Kalamaki
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 09:40:14 pm »
If you are on facebook do a search for zante workers, there are lots of groups and im sure someone would be able to help you on there

stabitandsteer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 10:52:55 pm »
The 'workers accomodation' is often closer to student hostel type of accomodation rather than the apartment style that your pic suggests you may be more accustomed to . Assuming you will be starting at the beginning of the season you would be much better off waiting till you get there (so you can see for yourself what you are getting instead of relying on somebody elses description) as there will be plenty available then and depending on location and how close you want to be to the place you work may even find much better accomodation than the basic type still within the budget you suggest . Good luck .

lenkew

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 02:02:12 pm »
I have worked out there, and met many others trying it for the first time. My advice has always been - get the cheapest package you can get right at the beginning of the season and go. You then have a roof over your head for a week (or two) and put yourself about and find a job, and the job may lead to an apartment somewhere, or your boss will be able to put you in touch with the right people. If none of it works out for you you have a ticket home, if it does work out throw your ticket away or try to sell it on (Zaketa travel used to be good for this though I may not have spelt that right).
Still fishing.

*Melanie*

• Offline Offline
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 07:01:16 pm »
Lancslass- Thanks very much for the advice, tried facebook but most seems to be laganas accommodation which i dont really want  :-\ haha

Stabitandsteer- Thanks for your advice, yes i am going out at the beginning of the season but it will be my 11th year in Kalamaki so i do know what to expect :) Not sure what my pic suggests im 'accustomed' to, but i always stay in basic studio/apartments have never stayed in hotel so not expecting 5* luxury haha

Lenkew- Thanks for the advice about the package, i had considered this and yes its a good idea but i already have lots of contacts/friends job wise so i know i will definitely be there the whole 6 months  ;D Thanks again

Was just wondering if anyone who had worked in Kalamaki had any contact details for studios blocks in Kalamaki. Thanks again :)

llindy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2012, 11:44:04 pm »
Will it be your 11th time in Kalamaki as a holiday maker or worker , if its as a worker where did you stay the other times and can you not contact them to see if they have accom for next year available ,  can you  share with your other frineds that will also be working in Kalamaki  next year .

*Melanie*

• Offline Offline
    • Facebook
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2012, 12:24:51 pm »
I have been going on holiday there for 10 years, it will be my first year that i am going to work there thats why i need accommodation thats not aimed at tourists. My friends in Kalamaki live there all year in their own houses so im looking for a studio for myself.  Thanks  :)

llindy

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2012, 05:03:05 pm »
Fingers crossed for you Melanie that your friends will keep their eyes and ears open for suitable accommodation for you , lucky them being able to live there all year , and lucky you  going out there to work .

*Melanie*

• Offline Offline
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2012, 07:16:49 pm »
Thanks llindy, will keep you all updated  :)

Just wondering if anyone has an email address for Nadia Studios Kalamaki (by the side of Oceanic), have tried contacting them through just zante request form but had no response. Thanks

Also does anyone know what the studios behind alsandros are called and contact details for those, think the owner is possibly called George?? ??? Thanks again  :)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 07:34:15 pm by *Melanie* »

jackybee

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2012, 12:44:57 pm »
Hi Melanie,
Arent they the ones owned by Merlis, the guy with supermarket or have i got the wrong side?
Tell Leo to get his butt into gear and get all the info for you!!!!
Good Luck hun X!

Oceanic Kevin

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Oceanic Rock Legend T-shirts available this season
    • Oceanic Chill Out Bar
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2012, 05:54:23 pm »
The workers apartments behind Al Sandros are owned by George, he owns Al Sandros and has the sunbeds on Crystal Beach nearest the ramp leading down to the beach.

Nadia next door to my bar would be expensive for a worker as they are private rental to tourists (mainly Greeks and Italians).

There are fairly cheap priced workers apts opposite Drunk Corner behind the supermarket.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 09:43:59 pm by Oceanic Kevin »
If you want to chill out on your holiday to Zakynthos there's only one place to be - OCEANIC
http://zanteholiday.wix.com/-oceanicchilloutbar

*Melanie*

• Offline Offline
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2012, 09:20:18 pm »
Hi jacky, its not Merlis but yes they are on the other side, we have already had a price for Merlis but looking at other places too  :) Haha yes i will tell Leo  :P Thanks and will see you there next year  :D

Thanks kev, think we have hopefully found something now but thanks very much to everybody and will see you all out there in summer  ;D