Author Topic: Olympic Holiday gone pear shaped  (Read 1783 times)

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Olympic Holiday gone pear shaped
« on: January 29, 2013, 07:13:52 pm »
I thought things were going too well ::)

Got a phone call today. my Olympic holiday due to depart on 2nd May from B'ham to Alykes cannot be honoured. Apparently for some reason unknown to the sales person I was talking to, Olympic have now decided that they will not now be doing holidays to the island until the 23rd May. So my booking from 2nd is now not going. They can now offer flights from either Gatwick or Manchester on 23rd but the accommodation where I was staying is not available for that date but due to the "Major change" I could have a full refund if I wanted....great, marvellous, wonderful :(

Well came back tonight and booked a flight with TC from Bham(hope that goes) and sorting out accommodation seperately. Not going to miss out on my hol.

Felt sorry for the sales assistant, as she had been given the job to ring up people who were going early in May and give them the good news. ::)
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:19:05 pm by Al »
If at first you do not succeed.  Give up and go to the pub

fingers

Re: Olympic Holiday gone pear shaped
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 08:23:16 pm »
Oh well Al,
           Glad you've got sorted in the end.I know that olympic sub their flights to thomson on occasion and their flights appear to be up the wall as well.Anyway,you'll be ready for your break by the time the "Holiday”companies have finished stressing you out!

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 11:11:55 pm »
Just shows the sort of guy you are Al....that you felt sorry for the lass on the phone (though I'd like to think I'd have reacted the same).

Sure you'll sort an alternative....but must be frustrating.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2013, 08:57:28 pm »
Yep...really frustrating( one word for it) but now all sorted, accommodation now booked so back on track. Worked out much dearer in the end as all a bit late.. original price from Olympic was very good.
Stupid thing about it, is  the TC flight I have booked, is the same plane that I was supposed to be going out on with Olympic ??? needed to go on the 2nd as insurance and car park all booked and would miss Greek Easter if I changed the dates

Bad news for the island another tour operator shortening the season...Booked with them for October so hope they do not play the same trick twice

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 05:50:22 am »
Update

Well I am totally confused now ???

Been looking at the Olympic website and it would appear what I was told is not completley true.
It would seem looking at some for the departures that SOME of the holidays to the island have been pulled but not all (good news sort of)
Birmingham departures in May are now on a Friday but cannot find anything before 12th in Alykes/Alykanas and then only the Astoria on the 12th.
However it looks like they are doing holidays to other parts of the island but have not spotted anything early May on a Thursday Bham / Man.
My holiday in October departs on a Thursday so will try and get some sort of assurance that they will not be pulling this one ::)