Author Topic: advice  (Read 2054 times)

gazza1960

• Offline Offline
advice
« on: September 23, 2013, 03:11:44 pm »
Hi, my wife and I  arrive on the 3rd Oct for 7 nights staying at the Alamis in the planos area of the resort. Any recommendations for good , reasonable places to eat and any chill out bars. What am I looking at for prices of meals and drinks. ie Mythos and cocktails for her indoors. Is the temps of the sea and pools warm at this time of the year? Hopefully we will have good weather for our 7 days.
Thanks in advance

Gazza

violet

• Offline Offline
Re: advice
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2013, 08:45:41 am »
Walk to end of the road next to beach for great food and to chillout a Boomerang bar/restaurant.

Big Steve

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2013, 10:30:37 am »
Yeah Boomerang is a nice place to sit and while away a couple of hours...  There are so many places to try, I doubt you'll struggle to find a comfortable spot...  Menir is just a few meters from Boomerang, that's usually quite busy and offers excellent value and service...  Enjoy  :)
Find me on Facebook, search via steve.vincent41@ntlworld.com

gazza1960

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2013, 04:27:38 pm »
Thanks Violet n Big Steve, can you be more precise as to where boomerang is, I am staying in the planos area, is it at the opposite end of the beach. We are going on Thursday so I will defo check this place out while we are there. We will be in the jolly roger, sunset bar and summertime to mention a  few bars that we are used to.Looks like the weather is nice for  a couple of days then rain for 2 days then back to good weather. 4-5 days good weather this time of year is not to bad out of 7 days

Cheers Gazza

Big Steve

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 07:30:26 pm »
If I've got your location right, just walk out of the Alamis and turn towards the beach and you'll pass Menir and then as you get to the beach, the Boomerang is the last thing before you get sand between ya toes...
Find me on Facebook, search via steve.vincent41@ntlworld.com

Ridyard

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 08:49:18 pm »
Hi Gazza,   if you turn right out of Alamis then right again walk along the road until you come to a " Supermarket " on the left then next door is the Halfway House. Really good meals and very friendly owners.

whatsisname

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 02:12:20 pm »
Hi Gazza,   if you turn right out of Alamis then right again walk along the road until you come to a " Supermarket " on the left then next door is the Halfway House. Really good meals and very friendly owners.

according to TripAdvisor HalfWay House is the no. 1 eatery in Tsilivi :-\
Trying is the first step towards failure

gazza1960

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 03:02:05 pm »
Thanks for all the advice, will defo go and try all, only 2 days to go now, looking forward to gyros, mythos, hope the weather is good

Gazza

billywood

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2013, 04:19:06 pm »
Hi Gazza, walk up the street to the main road, turn left at the top and just a bit down on the right hand side is the Ark Bar it a good bar, and next door is Micropolis restaurant Excellent food. Enjoy