Author Topic: Windmill Studios Holiday  (Read 1586 times)

JackieD

• Offline Offline
Windmill Studios Holiday
« on: September 18, 2014, 07:15:23 pm »
Hi, well all back now from our 2 weeks to Windmill Studios Argassi.
First off the studios are really nice, couldn't have asked or got better, Jenny had left a bottle of wine and a little card to welcome us in the studio on our arrival.
The family and all the staff members are lovely and cannot do enough for you. Our lady that cleaned the room spoke only Good Morning and bye bye in English, our Greek is confined to Kalimera, kalispera, kalinickta and effkaristo but with smiles and hand gestures we managed some short if animated conversations, we loved her to bits. The studios were cleaned every day even Sunday, beds were changed and clean towels too daily, never had clean sheets every day before  :)
The on site taverna does as most of you know a great Greek night on Mondays, it was a really good night and good value at Eu12 each which included food half a litre of wine and the dancers.
We ate at quite a few places that we really enjoyed. We went up in the little bus to Target Taverna, lovely food and great views, a must I think for anyone going to Argassi, also Zoba's Star Granada we went to twice, also Dyonisos.
We had a car fr 9 days, managed t get to Kalamaki's lovely Chill Out Bar, really sorry I was driving, the Turkish Delight cocktail was scrummy.
One downside and it is a big one, sadly we didn't actually like Argassi and during our tours around the Island we didn't see anywhere we felt we would like to return to, so sadly we will not be returning to Zante :(
The one thing that we really enjoyed was going out in the new boat from Peter had a fantastic time, saw quite a few turtles
However the boat started to do the high speed bit of our return and it broke down  :o :o was really funny sitting there floating around going nowhere fast. The one guy dived below to see what had happened and a serious part had come off.
We got a tow back to shore by I swear what must have been The eldest glass bottom boat there is, oh the shame  ;D ;D ;D ;D
So there it is, we loved our holiday and am really glad we had the change, so back to our favourite place next year for us Sorry :(