Author Topic: Message board gone quiet?  (Read 11634 times)

ianmackem

• Offline Offline
Message board gone quiet?
« on: March 01, 2015, 10:44:47 am »
This place used to be buzzing,come back people  :'(

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Message board gone quiet?
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2015, 10:55:02 am »
The whole board has gone quiet. Think everyone is waiting for everyone else to say something that has not been repeated some time before, but it gets harder and harder to find something ::)

Plenty of guests viewing, but they may be members who have not logged in, just to see if there is anything new. :-\

Oh well roll on summer, getting close now :)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2015, 11:50:56 am »
This place used to be buzzing,come back people
Think you can thank facebook etc for destroying these once very popular types of forum !!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 12:36:46 pm by Christos »

TONY(DODGY)

• Manche führen manche folgen
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Before you feed yourself, feed your soul.
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2015, 04:14:35 pm »
Think you can thank facebook etc for destroying these once very popular types of forum !!!!!!!
Quite right about facebook, but to be honest I use facebook quite a lot..... Sorry
But I still check the messageboard on a daily basis.
Dodgy geezer in more ways than one?
It's my world that I want to have a little pride in
My world and it's not a place I have to hide in
Life's not worth a damn Till you can say, hey world, I am what I am.....

Denn du bist was du isst und ihr wisst was es ist, mein teil.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2015, 04:50:42 pm »

Facebook + TripAdvisor are mostly to blame.

But the people that run this place don't help; it's not even the "Zante 2015" forum any more....it's "SMF" (whatever the hell that is) because nobody can be bothered to do a thirty second job changing the title.

This type of forum can still work well; the football one I help run is thriving, it just needs some interest and a bit of innovation from those at the top. But they're probably too busy on Facebook to realise ;).

It's a shame.

Oceanic Kevin

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Oceanic Rock Legend T-shirts available this season
    • Oceanic Chill Out Bar
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 06:09:24 pm »
I can remember a time when it was fun, lots of banter, lots of members old and new posting every other day or every day.

Social media has done quite allot of damage, I will say this and some may not like me saying it but it got to a point where you couldn't say anything of a joke without certain members complaining or arguing and the site become boring and repetitive.
If you want to chill out on your holiday to Zakynthos there's only one place to be - OCEANIC
http://zanteholiday.wix.com/-oceanicchilloutbar

zantejohn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2015, 03:30:29 pm »
Quite right Kev,  come back stavros all is forgiven.

Kaz

• Kaz
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2015, 06:53:40 pm »
It would be good to see some folks coming back more regularly.  FB has a lot to answer for as does TA but a forum where people are of like minds about a destination does have its place but needs promoting by the owner of the board.  Can't remember the last time I saw forum admin logged in.

Gone Fishing

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2015, 06:56:29 pm »
Im guilty of this - I haven't been on this site in a long while - Iv had the odd look as a guest from time to time but that's it.

I remember when it used to be buzzing on here - some good banter was had. It is sad to see it so quiet , but some of the topics that have been started are just silly - there are a couple of topics on at the moment that make me wonder what people are thinking about in the build up to their holidays ::)

We are giving Zante a miss this year, visiting our Daughter on the Balearic islands instead - but will be back next year.

To every one going this year - Have a brilliant time x

slapdash

« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2015, 07:19:02 pm »
Gone fishing,I've not been a member for long but have looked in as a guest for a long time!..You say"some of the topics that have been started are just silly"...Brilliant!..makes you wonder if they're safe to be abroad on their own!!!

Ps.What colour socks should I wear on Thursdays?? ;D

Oceanic Kevin

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Oceanic Rock Legend T-shirts available this season
    • Oceanic Chill Out Bar
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2015, 07:42:20 pm »
Can't remember the last time I saw forum admin logged in.

I know he was out on Zante staying at Costas. I believe he was out there selling advertising space on the site. Seems pointless paying for advertising on here if its quiet.  :(
If you want to chill out on your holiday to Zakynthos there's only one place to be - OCEANIC
http://zanteholiday.wix.com/-oceanicchilloutbar

MagsTom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2015, 07:47:27 pm »
Yes I would just add I cant help but agree with all the comments,we have been going to Argassi for quite a number of years.
We always viewed  this chat as it was good to hear what was going on.

We started looking at another one on Go Zakynthos site but when we registered and posted  messages we found the regulars quite insular and never replied.

So it would be great to get the Argassi chat going again,well it is the the best resort on Zante.

MagsTom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2015, 07:46:06 pm »
Hi we're off to Argassi 25th June going via Liverpool Thomas Cooks prices from Glasgow are extortionate  this year,so luckily enough we managed to get a great deal with easyjet,200 mile drive but still well worth it,and good flight times as well.
Anyone else  heading to Argassi.

slapdash

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2015, 05:37:28 am »
Hi we're off to Argassi 25th June going via Liverpool Thomas Cooks prices from Glasgow are extortionate  this year,so luckily enough we managed to get a great deal with easyjet,200 mile drive but still well worth it,and good flight times as well.
Anyone else  heading to Argassi.

..yep you're one of many that will be taking advantage of Easyjet from now on me thinks,Have a great time :).

Ps.Have you got your Shampoo organised? :laugh:.

PhilW

• My Holidays photos @ http://phil.whitcombe.org.uk
  • Offline Offline
  • My Photos - http://phil.whitcombe.org.uk
    • Photos
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2015, 03:46:11 pm »
If you think this Argassi board is quiet have a look at Vasilikos.  It's becoming a best kept secret!