Author Topic: Message board gone quiet?  (Read 11582 times)

Gone Fishing

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Message board gone quiet?
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2015, 05:56:38 pm »

Ps.What colour socks should I wear on Thursdays?? ;D

Slapdash - so sorry its took me so long to reply ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,err blue me thinks LOL x

MagsTom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2015, 09:10:40 am »
Well is anyone going to Argassi june-july this year we're going 25th june for two weeks,thought we would struggling this year flights from glasgow with TC rediculous prices being quoted.
Luckily enough we saw someones post about easyjet starting to fly this year from liverpool the saving was unbelievable,so it was a bit of a no brainer.The flight times are good so the 200 mile drive is not so much of a problem,but the saving makes it easier as well.
Lots more drinking vouchers in the wallet.
So roll on the 25th looking forward to sitting at Denys few mythos,ouzos,brandys,think I best stop for now getting carried away here.

gemlin3

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 07:51:18 am »
We're looking forward to our first stay in Argassi this year.We've stayed in Kalamaki a few times and love it but joining friends and staying at the Meridien Beach in September. Can't wait  :)

MagsTom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2015, 08:52:42 am »
Hi folks I'm sure you'll enjoy Argassi,the Meridien looks a really nice hotel,there's lots of great restaurants.our favourites are Peppermint,Papilion and Simply Greek is good as well there's another one which is very popular and you really have to book is Ethnic.
I know I've mentioned it before but Waves beach bar run by Deny is a great place to relax during the day and in the evening,his food is very good and very reasonably priced.

Hope you in enjoy your holiday in argassi.

gemlin3

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2015, 02:26:11 pm »
Thanks for the tips. So looking forward to trying somewhere new  :)

vanillaslice51

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2015, 11:19:49 pm »
yes it's a shame that the Argassi board has gone quiet...I always check it before we come to Argassi to find out if anything has changed. We absolutely LOVE Argassi and it will be our 12th year this year in July and we can't wait.  8)   Our favourite places are Peppermint, Papillon, Ethnic and Target Bar...the Greek night there is a must... :D    :laugh:

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2015, 11:52:05 am »
I always look in most days and post anything relevent to help others especially. I do use Tripadvisor but not Facebook. Used to use the rival forum to this on Zanteweb but it's died a total death this season.

MagsTom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2015, 05:26:30 pm »
Well we're off tomorrow morning 1st Oct back to Argassi staying at the Family Inn, we've been staying there for many years now and just love it, the family who own the hotel are great.
We were there end of June to July for two weeks  and had a great time, so going at this time of the year is new for us, might do the paragliding again which we did for the first time ever at the water sports down next to Denys waves beach bar. We're not the 18-20s club, we're the 60-70s club LOL.
Anyway flying from Liverpool again with Easyjet as TC from Glasgow is so expensive.
Really looking forward to it.

Kaz

• Kaz
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2015, 06:22:03 pm »
Have a great time.  We thought Argassi was really busy when we were drove through a few times in June and seemed more or less the same a couple of weeks ago. Good to see more people around the island generally this summer.  Weather the last couple of weeks was amazing, very hot the first week, a quick storm and then a more normal upper 20/ 30c  :)

Christos

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Zante..........
    • Just Zante
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2015, 01:47:07 pm »
Argassi very quiet now. Avalon and Magik bar closed already with more to follow very soon. Beer Academy should be closing by 10th October, perhaps sooner.

MagsTom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2015, 06:35:06 am »
Yes Christos it is quiet now,we were saying to the barman in our hotel about places that have closed already,he said Avalon might open at weekends .The weather still nice though about 26 degs yesterday although cooler in the evening.

Christos

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Zante..........
    • Just Zante
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2015, 12:58:42 pm »
Magik will open at weekends for the locals, as will Avalon. Think Avalon are having some work done before they re-open.

sophia

• Offline Offline
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2015, 09:33:38 pm »
Yey....I'm back.Not from Zakynthos, sadly, but Lesvos. Not going to go on about Lesvos though, will be back to Alykanas next September. Think when the end of the season comes this message board does tend to quieten down, I do like to read all the comments from members though so any news/info is great :)

Bill

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2016, 09:26:20 pm »
Most of the people who use to use this site are on facebook, they all still go to argassi but a few had fall outs with the guys running this site sadly, shame really as I have been told that a lot of people who book to go to Zante they check this site for advise so hopefully they will go and enjoy themselves and join the site and become a Zante lover like us all

Elena

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2016, 02:31:45 pm »
You are right Bill, lots of people I know have been impressed by the posts on this site and have booked holidays because the posts on here are usually genuine and tell it as it is, which everyone likes. Most of us who post on here are true Zante fans and only wish the islanders and businesses well. The occasional negative post is always justified, and it is only by having balance that the readers can be assured of the integrity of the site.
It's a shame that people don't post reviews much any more. They are always good to read as they bring such happy memories back - particularly on a good old British winter's day!!