Author Topic: Message board gone quiet?  (Read 11633 times)

alfa

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I found the easter bunny....yumm yumm
Re: Message board gone quiet?
« Reply #30 on: September 29, 2016, 06:55:31 pm »
It's a real shame the way the whole site has gone quiet over the years. The Argassi message board was one of the busiest ( if not the busiest) boards with lots of active members posting most days. There was always lots of helpful info as well as a lot of great banter. Unfortunately one or two members (who don't post nowadays anyway) objected to some of the humour & constantly complained to admin & as they were Kalamaki regulars their opinion counted more than others. When some of the Argassi regulars complained about this some were banned & others just gave up. The annoying thing about it all is that the main 'clique" of people that did the complaining have deserted the site anyway.  It's a real shame because this site is unique in its concept of a combination of Zante 'fans" who are willing to pass on their knowledge & there was always a flow of new members asking for that info. It had the friendly "chat room" atmosphere that Facebook & trip advisor just can't replicate. You certainly can't get away with the banter that was an everyday feature of JustZante on the likes of TA.
Ah well, if only we could go back to the "good old days".   :-\
It would be nice to see some of the old faces/names return.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 06:58:01 pm by alfa »

sophia

• Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2016, 11:15:04 am »
Yes it'd be great if more people posted comments. I probably post too much ( can imagine visitors saying "not her again" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: when they see my name) , I always enjoy reading others comments though and so much relevant information can be posted on here.

Bill

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2016, 07:42:41 pm »
I think as long as we are here it can only help newbies going to argassi, and I am sure Sophia when you are on about Zante you can never post to much  ;D

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2016, 08:15:05 pm »
Yes it'd be great if more people posted comments. I probably post too much ( can imagine visitors saying "not her again" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: when they see my name) , I always enjoy reading others comments though and so much relevant information can be posted on here.

Bloody hell not you again Sophia ;D.

sophia

• Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2016, 04:43:30 pm »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:Mike are you trying to give me a complex  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

The Bantams

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2016, 08:30:31 am »
Think the problem is with places like trip advisor etc and then you get very complicting and sometimes very negative reviews and opinions that 000's of people see. There's a thread on the Kalamaki forum on there that has spiralled out of control that seems to be a personal vendetta against a certain hotel and a few restaurants in resort.

I'd much rather hear personal views on places like this, shame more threads aren't started or commented on.

sophia

• Offline Offline
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2016, 04:33:37 pm »
Noticed a thread recently on Trip Advisor re the best time to visit Zakynthos to avoid mosquitoes which escalated & had some unhelpful comments plus plenty of comments taken down due to being inappropriate...aren't some people strange? I mean to get into an argument about mosquitoes  :laugh:

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2016, 07:53:00 pm »
Noticed a thread recently on Trip Advisor re the best time to visit Zakynthos to avoid mosquitoes which escalated & had some unhelpful comments plus plenty of comments taken down due to being inappropriate...aren't some people strange? I mean to get into an argument about mosquitoes  :laugh:

That's ridiculous.

I have in the past though got into many arguments with mosquitoes flying around my head at night-time ;D. Luckily (?) I suffered profound hearing loss a couple of years back so no longer a problem! Every cloud eh?

MagsTom

• Offline Offline
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2016, 03:55:44 pm »
Just been looking at the message board, see very little mentioned for Argassi recently . So thought it's time it got a mention. We've booked to go next June to mid July staying again at the Family Inn really looking forward to it, it's such a relaxing easy holiday . Of course got Peppermint right next door as well. Also another favourite of ours is Waves beach bar catching up with Denny and his hospitality !!!!!!!!.
So it would be good to hear other peoples comments and get this message board going and roll on next June. It really helps during this cold wintry weather in Scotland.

sophia

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2016, 05:52:43 pm »
Have passed through ( and stopped) Argassi many times whilst on holiday. I like it, the beach is very narrow there though isn't it?

les

• Offline Offline
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2017, 11:51:59 am »
Have passed through ( and stopped) Argassi many times whilst on holiday. I like it, the beach is very narrow there though isn't it?
The beach that most people see down from the crossroads is a bit poor but there's actually a fairly decent stretch to the left (as you look at the sea) past the Kamara Beach Hotel by the bridge. There's sunbeds, decent sand & a shallow, sandy sea. its a nice place, especially for kids who like the sea.