Author Topic: Denny's Inn June 2015  (Read 3238 times)

Andy_P

• Offline Offline
Denny's Inn June 2015
« on: June 24, 2015, 09:55:14 pm »
Inspired by reading Danny's review and the review on the main thread by Wheeler, thought I'd add my usual tuppenceworth about our stay.  As ever all good.

There have been some new rooms added at Denny's Inn after some storage rooms were converted but little else has changed. Still the place we know and love.  Sure the rooms could possibly do with a bit of a freshen up, likewise the games room but the location is good, food and drink at the restaurant/snack bar tasty and you get the warmest of welcomes and assistance from all members of staff. The perfect location to relax and feel at home in.

We only really tried one of the new restaurants that have sprung up preferring to re-visit favourite haunts such as The Iguana, Buon Amici, Olive Tree and Georgia's.  We enjoyed a couple of sweets at In Time too.  We refreshed a number of our eating haunts a year or two back and are still really happy to return to the above places.

The new place we visited was The Two Brothers next to the Rose and Crown (former Parthenon premises). Good food and a warm welcome certainly but I must confess to being a little annoyed at being stung by the old bread trick.  We neither asked for nor laid a finger on the bread that was sat down at our table but when perusing the bill noticed an unaccounted for 2euros for bread. Didn't make a fuss, but was 2euros less of a tip and however many euros in the future if  it influences us not to return.

Speaking of restaurants I did smirk noticing Massa opening up directly opposite Escape and that they've now to ditch their wee board outside that said "Probably the only restaurant in Kalamaki without a TV" Chances of probably the only other restaurant in Kalamaki without a TV opening up right across the road from you......  :laugh:

Anything to else to note? Hmmm.... The beach remains a lovely option for the additional breeze it brings to warm days. The Crazy Golf has had a little bit of a makeover and was good fun in the late evening with Bob as ever a fine host.  The Kalamaki Beach Hotel manager must absolutely love it when it rains and 250 people all try to cram into his restaurant for lunch at once (they coped admirably!) and for possibly the first time since we started visiting the island our Thomas Cook flights were actually both on time.  We're considering rewarding them next year by coming with Jet2 :P

If you've  been already I hope you've returned as relaxed and hold as great memories of our holiday this year as me and the missus have.  If you've still to go have a ball, and I'm not half jealous of you  ;)

« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 10:00:26 pm by Andy_P »

dannymc21

• Offline Offline
Re: Denny's Inn June 2015
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2015, 09:50:07 am »
It's great to see other folks reviews and opinions.
One of my sons and his wife went to Georgias and enjoyed it. I don't think we've ever been but we'll have to give it a try next time.

lyndylou

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 07:48:03 am »
Thanks for doing a review, makes me look forward to ours even more now🍷

suejack65

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2015, 01:14:17 pm »
Great review, going to Antonis in September, first time staying there but have always used their pool when we have visited in the past. Glad the A/I have not ruined the place was a little worried that so many places had gone A/I . We have been traitors and stayed in Alykanas last twice and love it but still love Kalamaki  :laugh:

sophia

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2015, 03:21:35 pm »
Thanks for taking the trouble to write a review. It's always great to hear of people's experiences on holiday ( good or bad ). it's cheering to hear things are going well in Zakynthos and other parts of Greece considering the recent upheaval regarding the economy and also the refugee situation on Lesvos ( we go there in September ), Kos and Rhodes.

LFC4eva

• Jeanette
  • Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I luv Kalamaki !!
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 12:14:58 pm »
Great review.. still feeling homesick for my favourite place.. so it is nice to read these reviews and be reminded of happy days.  8)

It's been almost 8 weeks since we flew home and it's gonna be a very long winter.  :'(

Kaz

• Kaz
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 05:28:55 pm »
Not sure how I missed this when you posted it unless I was in denial that I had just flown home  :(

It's always nice to see reviews and share experiences so a smack on my wrist for not actually doing one in June but we're out again in September so there is the opportunity to do one then :)

Jeanette sorry you're homesick- wish I had room in my suitcase for you but we don't so will just have to raise our glasses to absent friends  ;D

LFC4eva

• Jeanette
  • Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • I luv Kalamaki !!
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 08:13:33 pm »
I hope you will have a few cocktails for me Kaz.. especially the Venus ones. :D

I'm still hoping for that lottery win.. so I've not given up all hope of being there in September yet. ;)