Author Topic: Shoestrings  (Read 6164 times)

junievalentine

• Offline Offline
Shoestrings
« on: June 27, 2015, 09:45:04 pm »
Can anyone tell me if Shoestrings is open in the evenings please. We arrive 3rd July

thanks

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Shoestrings
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 10:22:21 pm »
Can anyone tell me if Shoestrings is open in the evenings please. We arrive 3rd July

thanks

We'll be arriving in the old village Tuesday lunchtime Junie so if you don't have a reply by then I'll let you know :).

JudeandBill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 07:00:29 am »
think I saw something on FB this week to say they are still only doing day times.  Have a lovely holiday!

junievalentine

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 06:04:48 pm »
Thank you and for your good wishes, happy holidays to you.
x

Sonia

• Offline Offline
  • I love Alikanas
    • Utility Warehouse
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2015, 08:39:02 pm »
Only open until 6pm I think.
Want to save money each month??? Check out my website http://www.utilitywarehouse.org.uk/chamsonoptions

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 12:49:15 pm »

Yup, just drove past and it's open 9.00 to 6.00.

JudeandBill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2015, 02:51:59 pm »
mike - any news on redskins??

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2015, 03:11:32 pm »
mike - any news on redskins??

Absolutely. They's spent money over the winter and it has a completely different look, the bar is different and kitchen invested in also (Dimitri game me figure on the amount but not my place to broadcast). He's employed a new chef and his mum is currently there full time also, though I'm not sure if that's a permanent thing or just because Veronika is working away currently (due back on Friday). New menu with some old favourites and some new things, we ate there last night (pretty exhausted) and I had chicken with mustard and honey sauce, which was the special, and it was lovely.

Went in again earlier today. It's certainly seems busier than it was two years ago; just don't ask Dimitri about the political situation unless you have at least an hour to kill ;D.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2015, 04:17:50 pm »
I've not eaten in Shoestrings since Tassos died, how is the food there thesedays ??

JudeandBill

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2015, 08:00:59 pm »
say hello to Dimitri and mum for me please tell them only 7 weeks now till we arrive  (and he better have a good solution by way of a sim or dongle for me!)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 08:48:13 pm »
say hello to Dimitri and mum for me please tell them only 7 weeks now till we arrive  (and he better have a good solution by way of a sim or dongle for me!)

Will do :).

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 12:43:58 pm »

Yup, just drove past and it's open 9.00 to 6.00.

To be precise, I just walked through (was quite busy) and it says 9.00 to 6.00 ish, so maybe they stay open a while if there are a few in.

cannie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2015, 08:51:42 am »
I have just returned from a fantastic holiday in Zante. I ate twice in Shoestrings the son and daughter are running the place now. Open 9.00am to 18.00 daily. The meals was perfect. I also had a dring in Redskins bar very quite the day we were in but hopefully will get busy.  :laugh:

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2017, 03:56:38 pm »
Shoestrings very impressive this year, young chef doing some great stuff at very reasonable prices. Still a much smaller menu than most everywhere else with a couple of daily specials but well worth a visit, they're doing good business as well! At the moment only open until 6.00pm but will be open evenings from 1st June they told us today. Well worth the walk from the resorts and a perfect spot. Ad over.

Epsilon (Redskins) still not open sadly but Dimitri's mother told me last night that they will be from Monday.

Rab B

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2017, 06:25:50 pm »
Thanks Mike good little update