Author Topic: Shoestrings  (Read 6163 times)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Shoestrings
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2017, 08:12:34 pm »
Just having a look at today's photos on the laptop; took a couple in Shoestrings at lunchtime after a morning trip to Volimes, and noticed that I'd snapped Shortie and his wife in there (in the corner of a shot of Kefalonia) so it's even getting the local "celebs" in ;D.

Epsilon still not open :(.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2017, 09:48:51 am »
Do Shoestrings ever stay open into October? Whenever we've had a wander over from Alykes they've always been closed. Looks to be in a brilliant location

Cheers.            Tom and Rose

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2017, 09:57:03 am »
Since Tassos that ran Shoestrings passed on a few years ago it has had mixed fortunes and mismanagement. Since the new management this Season and the background they come from who knows you may be lucky in early October. Being in such an isolated position as you well know numbers of holidaymakers still around and of course the weather often dictates when business's shut shop for the end of Season.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2017, 02:12:49 pm »
Do Shoestrings ever stay open into October? Whenever we've had a wander over from Alykes they've always been closed. Looks to be in a brilliant location

Angelo said to me the other day that "when we close in October" he's going on a trip to New York so it's certainly their intention to be open then, how far into October I don't know, it'll probably be dictated by their level of business. They've stopped the evening opening now because they had staff issues, Sakis (Angelo's brother) is working evenings in La Caretta but it's their definite intention to go full daytime and evening next year.
Epsilon (Redskins) still not open which is a bit odd as they have guests upstairs and sitting outside it using the wi-fi. We've been told by loads of people that they will be opening tomorrow/Monday/this week/next week/last week but I've not actually see Dimitri do get a definitive(ish) answer. Only have four more days so seems unlikely we'll get to go this year.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 11:08:30 am »
Angelo said to me the other day that "when we close in October" he's going on a trip to New York so it's certainly their intention to be open then, how far into October I don't know, it'll probably be dictated by their level of business.

Excellent news, fingers crossed then  8)

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 08:33:28 am »
Any update on how far into October they may be open? We don't get there until 12th so we'll probably be unlucky but I'll keep my fingers crossed

Cheers.          Tom and Rose

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2018, 04:41:06 pm »
They have now made their way to number one in the TripAdvisor list for Alykanas restaurants! Brilliant achievement in only the guys second year, nine days and counting I'll congratulate them personally ;D.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2018, 11:40:17 am »
Don't want to keep banging on about this place but on our last day at the tail end of the season but we just came for a final lunch and there was only one table free.
Going to have to start leaving bad reviews or we won't get a seat😂.