Author Topic: just back  (Read 1668 times)

chillybear

• Offline Offline
just back
« on: August 31, 2015, 06:32:24 pm »
Hubby and I are just back from a 4 day break in argassi, we had a ball went to all our favourite places stayed at the meridien beach lovely hotel, we ate 2 meals in ethnic fab food and love Gina and Tanya they make you so welcome, zorbas was excellent ate a couple of times, late lunch .and of course for us snack academy Dennis's waffles and everything else is amazing we tried the new select restaurant a rooftop restaurant very nice would visit again, plenty of cocktails in magik and kiss, went to alykes for one night and enjoyed breakfast at fidelios and dinner at the astria followed by dessert and cocktails at the bucca beach bar , prices still very reasonable everyone glad to have visitors no problems with banks or using cards, resorts were all very busy so I hope everyone has had a good season some say they have some say they havent have visited zante for 8 out of the last 9 years and we want to try something different but throughly recommend a short break for anybody like us who loves the island and people but feels like a change

sophia

• Offline Offline
Re: just back
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 09:16:09 am »
Thanks for your review...sounds like you made the most of your short stay there. I have noticed some travel companies do a short break package but not usually to Greek islands. Did you book your flights etc independently? Great to read a positive review. Fidelios in Alykes is one of our favourites too. :)

chillybear

• Offline Offline
Re: just back
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 11:25:26 pm »
Hi Sophia,
Yes you can cover a lot of ground in 4 days especially when you know where you want to go and my husband isnt a lie on a sunbed kind of guy.
We booked with on the beach, flights are limited from scotland and were selling out fast so I was happy to book with a deposit, I would be happy to book independently in the future because there was no real benefit other than paying with a deposit , thomas cook do short breaks and jet 2, all depends who fly from somewhere local to you my husband had the monday holiday so flying thursday to monday suited us , we would do it again I have sneaked a peak at next years flights would love to go for St Dennis day but cant get time off then the food is always so good so many excellent restaurants to choose from glad you like fidelios too