Author Topic: OLD TIMER  (Read 1959 times)

Chris53

• Offline Offline
OLD TIMER
« on: May 09, 2017, 05:52:40 pm »
Well after all this time i thought it was my turn to join all you lovely people on the message board .Going out to this beautiful island in 4 days time .This will be 21 years we have been going sometimes twice a year.We love it.

CAZ

• Offline Offline
Re: OLD TIMER
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2017, 07:59:24 pm »
I'm an old timer too!! Been coming every year for over 16 years.  The trouble with getting old(er) we need our home comforts and are looking for villas to rent in or near Kalamaki. Would love to hear from anyone who knows of any. Thank you

madmax

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2017, 09:28:33 am »
11 years this year and counting. Looking forward to it and seen many changes but probably not as many as you guys.

As for Villas, we have also been looking at some as hotels go AI, we are thinking Villas. We spotted this one not far from Michaelos which is stunning but comes at a price. See what you think...

http://leonevillas.gr/
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 09:37:01 am by madmax »

hera

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2017, 10:28:53 am »
Sorry to say my 31st year this year and yes hasn't it changed, when i first came all the fun was on the old strip from the Cave bar to the beach. After the cave closed we ended up at Byzantio's on the hill, i think they open just for weddings now. We are all getting older luxury does come into it a bit, but still love the rustic feel of the Greek life. How its changed , it used to be the Brits, Australians and a few Italians and Austrians, Also a lot of mainland Greeks... you hardly see them now. Beaten up old taxis, but the people from Zakynthos were happy still moaning but happy, but that was the day of the Drachma. It was so busy back in them days, i remember back in the mid 80s the bars were so busy and full in the old town, the new strip from Kalamaki to Laganas was just a few odd places, mainly to sleep, you had to go way into Laganas to find any action. That was a point Laganas was a lovely place to go, not like now. There used to be a place to go called the Ocean Inn, its still there after all these years. Well thats remermissing over, hope you all have a lovely time, back in may and July for me..... :)

Chris53

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2017, 11:55:16 am »
Good old days when we had the Drachma but you have to go with the times .Seen places close seen places open but it is still called Kalamaki the place to wine and dine with some great places to enjoy and some great people to meet .

CAZ

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2017, 02:27:54 pm »
Madmax thanks for the link, looks lovely but a bit expensive.  I've looked on Homeaway pages and there's a couple in Agrilia and a maisonette & house on the airport road (near Jet oil garage) which look reasonable.  We are coming in 2 weeks time so will check them out.

Christos

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Zante..........
    • Just Zante
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2017, 02:27:47 pm »
16 years for us, and now go 3 times a year. Rent an apartment all year round so we can go when we want.

hera

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2017, 06:41:47 pm »
Hi Christos i was looking to buy but still very expensive on the Island. how much approximately is it to rent for a year. ?

Christos

• Global Moderator
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Just Zante..........
    • Just Zante
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2017, 01:33:47 pm »
To be honest, you'd need to shop around. It helps if you know the locals. I've seen some online that are 200 a month for 10 months then July and August can be 50 - 90 a day.

hera

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2017, 04:06:14 pm »
Ok thanks