Author Topic: All inclusive  (Read 1260 times)

john sinclair

• Offline Offline
All inclusive
« on: August 12, 2017, 02:23:46 pm »
Has anyone looked at the new complex next to the football ground, its a another nail in the coffin for the restaurants.

roy

• Offline Offline
Re: All inclusive
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 09:37:30 pm »
This is a build up to getting Tsilivi taken over by A.I. For me it would ruin the Island. Cant speak too highly of Tsilivi for bars and eating out places. I do understand families with young kids doing AI, it does work out cheaper for them, but to me the shear joy of going out at night eat and drink where and when you like, so laid back you are welcome anywhere no matter what you are wearing. Pity the day when it is all hotels and dress clothes for meals, that will be the end of it.

mattydj

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 01:38:00 pm »
We have just moved base for this year (coming out next Tuesday) from Kalamaki to Tsilivi as our favourite hotel there, which has served us well for the past 12 years has changed ownership and gone A.I., and totally for non British customers to boot.

We too like the flexibility of eating in / out / wherever / whatever / whenever takes our fancy.

A.I. ties you down too much for us.   Great if you are on a budget with kids I suppose, where you know how much you'll be spending in advance, but its definately not for us.

alex

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 02:16:13 pm »
yes i totally agree , the food in supermarkets are cheap enough if you want to go self catering or bed and breakfast  if the kids dont want to eat out the self catering have hobs and pots and pans ,and the meals in the resturants are still very reasonable , tsilivi and all resorts are too scenic to stuck in one place and have to eat and certain times ,but each to there own but not for us never  and to be honest seen so many people with armbands in the resturants and bars so that doesnt say much for the A/I i guess when you eaten the food choices and seen the entertainment thats it. :) :) :)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2017, 02:19:46 pm by alex »

gazyorks

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 09:25:44 pm »
A lot of apartments only sell to non British.  Half board/AI places target eastern European as the food isn't nowhere near tavernas standard.  Would never go anything but self catering . If AI was to take over tsilivi  I would stop going but I would hate that to happen as I love the place

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 03:01:41 pm »
No, doubt we would ever go All Inclusive in Greece. As you say the variety and excellent quality of the tavernas trump AI anytime. :)