Author Topic: Tourist tax in Greece  (Read 7111 times)

FRED2009

• Offline Offline
Tourist tax in Greece
« on: October 17, 2017, 08:44:28 pm »
Anyone heard more about this tax which is coming in from 1 January - based on star rating of accommodation - 1-2 stars 0,5 Euro per room per night, 3 stars 1.5 Euro, 4 stars 3 Euros and 5 stars 4 Euros.

les

• Offline Offline
Re: Tourist tax in Greece
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2017, 09:16:24 am »
Yep, per room per night. Payable direct to the accommodation on arrival. Should be able to pay by card or cash & they must issue a receipt. SC accommodation tax applies but is slightly different.

scrivo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2017, 07:16:42 pm »
Been and booked tonight and was informed of this new tourist tax we were told we had to pay when checking out

les

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 09:52:11 am »
I think it'll probably depend on the owners, also whether it's the sort of place where you're likely to run up a room bill. I'd think most places will just add it to the bill for aircon, safe etc that you usually pay on arrival.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 09:15:01 pm by Al »
Every day is an opportunity to get ready for more of the same

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2018, 04:59:06 pm »
We've just returned from Alykanas, booked with Tui and I've just remembered we didn't get asked to pay any tourist tax by the accommodation. Has this been taken care of by Tui, do you think? Or has anyone else not been asked for it? We had a brilliant time as usual and have already booked for 2019 :)

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2018, 11:40:36 am »
Interested to know the situation regarding the tourist tax. We weren't charged anything ( and in fact completely forgot about it ) so was wondering if anyone else been asked to pay it or have the travel companies absorbed it into their costings as it is a relatively small amount ?

manUdave

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2018, 12:33:56 pm »
we went 28th june to the georgia apts tsilivi & was charged the tax

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2019, 08:53:48 am »
Still on the topic of tourist tax... has anyone heard if tour operators such as Tui/ Thomas cook are absorbing this cost and paying on behalf of their customers? It is a small amount generally but I have noticed a couple of times when holidaymakers have tried to pay it at the start or during their holiday they have been waved away and told "Pay at the end " but sometimes this can be forgotten.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2019, 10:47:41 am »
I went to Dannys last year and was charged at the start of the holiday when we paid for air on and safety deposit box