Author Topic: New Season changes (so far).  (Read 3596 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
New Season changes (so far).
« on: January 23, 2018, 09:07:25 am »
Now they Xmas/New Year has come and gone many of us will be looking forward to our holidays in Alykanas. Some changes for next Season that I've heard about include 'Buster's Bar' will relocate across to the other side of the main village road. It will occupy the site of the former Daily Cafe and latterly Baker St the coffee and cake shop. The boys from Mojo's will take over the existing Buster's site opening a restaurant there, I've no information as to who will be in the Mojo's site in the new Season. Wayne who has worked the beach renting out boats for the Valais hotel for many years alongside George is moving on to do other things. Jane the popular long term waitress is leaving Zeus Bar and is moving to the Catacombes who will be doing food next Season. Jane's son Billy who has been cooking at the Cosy Corner will be the chef there and I would assume Jane will be waiting there. I will continue to post any information I receive as the Season approaches and I must stress that any information I post is from a 3rd party source and accuracy is not guaranteed , happy holidays in 2018 everybody !!
« Last Edit: January 23, 2018, 09:09:52 am by tony welsh »

mari

• Offline Offline
Re: New Season changes (so far).
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 03:49:05 pm »
Is busters going to be near where memories is then? Wonder why they moving must be more space X

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 08:04:03 pm »
Thanks Tony,always nice to hear what`s going on in the village.

scrivo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 08:21:27 pm »
Thanks for info tony  :) :)

sophia

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 05:34:20 pm »
Yes , Tony, any new info very welcome. Looking forward to our holidays very much already :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2018, 12:54:50 pm »
Is busters going to be near where memories is then? Wonder why they moving must be more space X

No, from what Tony said if you approach the present location from the direction of Dannys instead of it being on your right it'll be across the road right in front of you.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 10:21:19 am »

No, from what Tony said if you approach the present location from the direction of Dannys instead of it being on your right it'll be across the road right in front of you.
I know I am Alykes Waller, but is not the Daily cafe right next door to memories ???

dh

• Offline Offline
  • mystery man
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2018, 12:36:36 pm »
surprised to hear about Wayne moving on, where will he be working this year?

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2018, 02:04:57 pm »
Busters new location looking a long way from completion and nobody working on it, not today anyway. Also no sign of anyone opening anything at their old location, looks well and truly boarded up. Nice to be "home" though; not done much scouting yet but there appears to be some action at Epsilon and a chap we bumped in to walking into town said he'd been at Shoestrings yesterday and "they had beer but it wasn't cold enough to sell yet" (made me think of the Monty Python cheese shop sketch actually ;D) so I'll investigate that in a bit while leaving the boss to unpack......tough job but someone has to do it ;).

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2018, 02:59:07 pm »
Cheers for updating Mike, we've just got back this morning from a quick week in Majorca not the greatest of weather but a nice break for the wife. We had to use up our flight voucher off Easyjet after my unplanned cancellation of our Zante flights last year. Eyes towards Alykanas now with just 27 days to go, this was our 1st return in 40 years to Majorca and to be honest I won't be in a hurry to go back there again, far too commercial with more "lookie lookie guys" than the Central African Republic l.o.l.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2018, 08:13:24 pm »
There were people working on the new Busters today and it looks, if you glance round the canvas barrier, like they're doing a nice job; but it still looks like they have lots to do. Got a "brand new" VW Polo from Xenos today (just the 50,000km on the clock ::)) but it drives well so no problem. Heads up for anyone picking up a car from the airport, there's currently a lengthy detour off the Katastari road for some reason, and from the signs it looks like it's been there a while. Takes you off around Agios Dimitrios and you wind round the olive groves until eventually emerging in Pigadakia, so if that's your route of choice to A/A then make sure you turn off at the old bowling alley and go that way; we tend to alternate usually. Anyway eaten in Vrisaki and...er...Vrisaki so far, late leisurely lunch in Shoestrings on the cards for tomorrow I think :).

Xenos boss also said that the police are cracking down on people without full motorbike licences driving any scooter over 50cc this year; 1000 fine he said. Don't know if all hirers are passing this info on but it's something to bear in mind.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:45:25 pm by Mike »

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2018, 04:43:44 pm »
Another quick one, a lot of people working on "new" Busters today; canvas has been taken down so it's visible and taking shape quickly, probably going to open sooner than I initially thought, not "imminent" I wouldn't say but they're going well.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2018, 03:58:10 pm »
Lemon Tree still not open; been told that they have some problem with tree roots under the garden causing safety issues. Ironic or what? There doesn't seem to be anyone working on it whatever the issue is, hope they get it sorted soon.

scrivo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2018, 08:23:59 pm »
Thanks for info mike have a great time  8)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2018, 10:53:48 am »
The old Busters building has somehow managed to be open today when it appeared nothing was happening there at all; the fixtures and fittings must all have been in place still. Anyway it's now called The Mulberry Bar :).