Author Topic: Back out tomorrow  (Read 883 times)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Back out tomorrow
« on: August 21, 2018, 01:23:01 pm »
After missing out on our August holiday with the grandchildren last year due to my ill health we fly out in the morning. Flying from Bristol with Easyjet as usual to our regular accommodation in Alykanas, anyone else on the flight ??

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Back out tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 03:07:21 pm »
After missing out on our August holiday with the grandchildren last year due to my ill health we fly out in the morning. Flying from Bristol with Easyjet as usual to our regular accommodation in Alykanas, anyone else on the flight ??

I'm on the same flight in three weeks Tony so not long to wait ;D.

sophia

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2018, 01:59:03 pm »
Have a brilliant time Tony. My brother flies out to Alykanas tomorrow from Cardiff, lucky thing. We have to wait a few weeks before our next holiday. :)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 07:33:58 am »
Thank's for the good wishes, can't believe that our 1st five of days are over already. We had a very short shower yesterday afternoon for literally minutes, some cloud rolling around from time to time but it's very warm/hot and there's a 50% chance of rain this morning. There's a good breeze blowing at the moment and plenty of clouds up there, it was very grey across above Kefalonia yesterday but I can see it this morning. We've not done much apart from enjoying ourselves with the grandchildren. Both Alykanas and Alykes beaches were rammed full over the weekend and I've never ever seen so many cars. It's very strange at night with very few people about after 11p.m. Just doesn't seem normal for August, there are lots of other Nationalities here at the moment that tend to stay in at night. We've had some great food already at Ammos, Cosy Corner, the Mill bar too. Just waiting for the kids to wake up before we decide what to do or where to go today, YAMMAS.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 07:55:21 am by tony welsh »

sophia

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2018, 04:25:02 pm »
Alykanas and Alykes always provide lots of great times for us and sounds like you and your family are making the most of it. no doubt you've heard of the horrendous rain we have had over the Bank holiday weekend...boohoo. so, it's been catching up with ongoing work in our house for us. Carry on enjoying your break there. Have heard from my brother that DNA bar has been ace for him and his son to down some drinks and enjoy the footie .....men, eh ?  :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2018, 12:39:50 pm »
Just about all packed and ready for the overnight drive to Gatwick, can't quite remember why we're not going from Bristol this time, Gatwick must've been significantly cheaper I guess; anyway this time tomorrow we'll be there. Happy days!

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2018, 04:44:56 pm »
Just about all packed and ready for the overnight drive to Gatwick, can't quite remember why we're not going from Bristol this time, Gatwick must've been significantly cheaper I guess; anyway this time tomorrow we'll be there. Happy days!
Have a great time Mike, hope the weather holds out for you the way it has this September !!!

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2018, 10:02:21 pm »
Have a great time Mike, hope the weather holds out for you the way it has this September !!!

Thanks Tony, just looking at Google maps it's telling me there's road closures on the A303 but there must be diversions round it; if we don't go that way it's all the way up to the M4 which is a chunk longer, couple of hours to make the decision :-\.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2018, 02:25:33 pm »
Quick report while the wife has a siesta, flight left on time, landed early, hold luggage fourth case out on the belt! Result. Best hire car we've ever had here, a Hyundai i30 with only 5,000km on the clock which was only 313 for two weeks (has, among other stuff, cruise control which is about as much use as a chocolate teapot out here ::)), resort very busy, Shoestrings doing brilliant business (Epsilon less so) and Vrisaki last night we got there shortly after they opened at 7.00 and by the time we left there was a queue waiting for a table! Driving around the resorts most places seemed to be doing pretty well. Nearly killed myself doing the Skinari step climb this morning, must be getting old :(.

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2018, 08:02:03 pm »
Hi Mike.glad to hear the resorts are busy and enjoying your holiday,we`ll have to meet again when our dates clash,I think it was in Spikey`s the last time,about 4/5 years ago?

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2018, 09:28:04 pm »
Hi Mike.glad to hear the resorts are busy and enjoying your holiday,we`ll have to meet again when our dates clash,I think it was in Spikey`s the last time,about 4/5 years ago?

Must've been then abouts Eddie, was a nice coincidence; I shall be in Spikey's tomorrow to watch Everton v West Ham so I'll raise a glass to you ;D.

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 10:14:49 pm »
Yammas!!!!! :D ;D