Author Topic: Alykanas or Alykes?  (Read 1171 times)

mari

• Offline Offline
Alykanas or Alykes?
« on: January 06, 2019, 02:39:10 pm »
I had my first holiday to alykanas in 2002 and have ventured between both which resort do you prefer and why? Then it seemed Alykes had more happening now it's the other way around. My first holiday was the litsa with no pool back then. Loved the grapevines too. What memories do you have?

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Alykanas or Alykes?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 06:38:33 pm »
So many memories Mari...we have stayed at Maria's studios in Alykes, great place but a fair walk to the beach especially when it's hot.Have also stayed at Koukounaria. We tend to choose Alykanas, then walk between resorts of an evening. We have stayed at Plessas Palace ( Why palace? ;D ) a few times, Letsos Hotel Alykanas Beach more than a few times, Danny's a few times, then found White House to our liking, just great for us fills all the boxes. :)

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2019, 11:35:58 am »
I have stayed at dannys and the alykanas beach hotel too. think had a few drinks at the white house if it's where I'm thinking. You're right you can easily get between the two they both have their own charm and places I like to visit. Its wierd how we keep going back it was my first holiday abroad and even though I'd like to try new places we keep going back. Are you going this year? We are going for two weeks in July can't wait X

TONY(DODGY)

• Manche führen manche folgen
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Before you feed yourself, feed your soul.
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 06:36:35 am »
Alykes .... 1st found Alykes and the Nikos in 2007 and have been going back every year since. Back out in July and as always I will be at the Nikos.
Dodgy geezer in more ways than one?
It's my world that I want to have a little pride in
My world and it's not a place I have to hide in
Life's not worth a damn Till you can say, hey world, I am what I am.....

Denn du bist was du isst und ihr wisst was es ist, mein teil.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 12:56:10 pm »
I had my first holiday to alykanas in 2002 and have ventured between both which resort do you prefer and why? Then it seemed Alykes had more happening now it's the other way around. My first holiday was the litsa with no pool back then. Loved the grapevines too. What memories do you have?

We first went in 2004 and stayed in Grapevines, then the same again in 2005 & 2007. Then once easyJet started operating we ditched the packages and have been staying in Xechoriati booking direct ever since; much as we enjoyed our times at Grapevines (and a sneaky week at Zante Garden one year) I don't think we'd ever go back to it. Completely different vibe in the old village which we love, but can still easily get to the A's for a meal or a lemonade or two ;).

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2019, 11:57:08 am »
Can't wait for our hols this September in White house studios. Have queried on here and also on Trip Advisor re new studios being built there but no response so far.

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2019, 08:58:58 am »
I'm sure people will start booking and going soon and hopefully you'll get a response soon. I find the build up to the holiday quite exciting too  :)

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2019, 09:00:38 am »

We first went in 2004 and stayed in Grapevines, then the same again in 2005 & 2007. Then once easyJet started operating we ditched the packages and have been staying in Xechoriati booking direct ever since; much as we enjoyed our times at Grapevines (and a sneaky week at Zante Garden one year) I don't think we'd ever go back to it. Completely different vibe in the old village which we love, but can still easily get to the A's for a meal or a lemonade or two ;).

Sounds great and wish we could get easy jet where I live too although I don't live that close to the airport to be fair expect we'd save loads of money

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 09:03:30 am »
Alykes .... 1st found Alykes and the Nikos in 2007 and have been going back every year since. Back out in July and as always I will be at the Nikos.

Before Xmas I saw a really good deal for NIkos but can't remember reason but reviews put me off so didn't book will deffo consider next year if a good price  :)