Author Topic: Holiday food  (Read 736 times)

mari

• Offline Offline
Holiday food
« on: January 15, 2019, 02:13:23 pm »
Hi when on holiday do you always have a starter or go straight to main? My partner has made me agree to stop having starters as it ruins the main course and we struggle to finish them but I do love a nice starter what does everyone else do?,

les

• Offline Offline
Re: Holiday food
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2019, 02:35:47 pm »
We often just have a selection of starters & no "main".
I've even had a starter in place of dessert at times ( I'm not a fan of sweet stuff but my wife is).

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 07:50:06 pm »
Most main portions are normally very generous, so I have learnt over the years to leave the starters alone. I order my first drink and some bread just to nibble on whilst waiting for the main to arrive. If I then have any room left afterwards, I go for a dessert ( there are some really good ones to choose from). I hate wasting anything and feel guilty if I leave anything, specially as I am paying for it ;D
« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 08:01:22 pm by Al »

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2019, 11:04:32 pm »
I do not have a sweet tooth either. I am quite smallish build but do love a starter but my partner Said  it is embarrassing when I leave half the main so I have agreed to not have starters from now on. Have eyes bigger than my belly lol.
I agree with what you guys have said

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2019, 03:19:40 pm »
Usually we don't bother with a starter for the reasons your partner gave. When we really fancy some starters we have a gyros pitta in place of a main meal.
Seems to work and little or no food is wasted  :D

Cheers.            Tom and Rose

madmax

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 10:35:14 am »
Starters can be large and sometimes the same as mains but if me and my wife, sometimes kids as well, are really hungry, we decide on a starter that we can all share.

Cheese pies are a good one and also bruschetta is a huge family favourite. My wife and I don't have deserts as it doesn't go well with Mythos  ;) so we stick to a starter to share or a large main!

Can't wait to get there now  ;D

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 01:02:01 pm »
Sounds like a plan me neither hate these January blues and cold weather.  :-X