Author Topic: Favourite restaurant/meal in Alykes/alykanas?  (Read 1135 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Favourite restaurant/meal in Alykes/alykanas?
« on: January 17, 2019, 01:06:56 pm »
I remember shoestrings chicken souvlaki last year now nom

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
Re: Favourite restaurant/meal in Alykes/alykanas?
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2019, 08:27:53 am »
Our vote goes to Paolo's. Never had a bad meal there and we love watching Paolo and Takis working in the grill area

Cheers.              Tom and Rose

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 03:58:04 pm »
We only have one full meal a day, if it's lunch it'll be Shoestrings; if it's the evening it'll be Vrisaki nine times out of ten.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2019, 04:41:48 pm »
Our vote goes to Paolo's. Never had a bad meal there and we love watching Paolo and Takis working in the grill area

Where is this? Must try it

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2019, 04:43:28 pm »
We only have one full meal a day, if it's lunch it'll be Shoestrings; if it's the evening it'll be Vrisaki nine times out of ten.

Both lovely places.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2019, 11:07:07 pm »

Where is this? Must try it

In Alykes head past all the usual bars on the main road. Continue past Montes supermarket and head on towards the salt flats. Once you pass the kids playground on your left (after you've passed all the shops and bars) carry on walking and Paolo's is on the right, maybe 3 or 4 mins walk past the past the end of the main Alykes "strip".
It's highly rated and we spend most of our evening's there.
If you do go I hope you enjoy your evening as much as we always do. Depending what time of year you go they also open another place about 20 yards from the main taverna. We've never been early enough to catch it open but I hear they have a few extra items on the menu.

Good luck.          Tom and Rose

P.S. We always stay at the beach house which is only 5 mins walk away but we'd still go there regardless of where stay.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2019, 04:47:41 pm »
Sounds fab I will definitely give it a try I don't mind a little walk in staying near iris bar end. Good to get recommendations and try different places. Thanks

TONY(DODGY)

• Manche führen manche folgen
  • YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
  • Before you feed yourself, feed your soul.
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 06:46:57 am »

Only use Paolo's last year as the previous 2 years 12 nights out of 14 I ate at Paolo's. This is because the food is so varied and fantastic and not typical tourist fare. Nearly all the restaurants serve the same food that they think tourists want whilst in Greece. This year I will probably have a change but you cannot beat Paolo's if it is good enough for the locals, its good enough for moi.
I am really a nice person, eccentric bordering on the mad.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2019, 09:02:17 am »

Only use Paolo's last year as the previous 2 years 12 nights out of 14 I ate at Paolo's. This is because the food is so varied and fantastic and not typical tourist fare. Nearly all the restaurants serve the same food that they think tourists want whilst in Greece. This year I will probably have a change but you cannot beat Paolo's if it is good enough for the locals, its good enough for moi.

I can't wait to try it this year  :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2019, 05:28:25 pm »
For years we swore by Fidelios so were often in Alykes but for some reason the quality has fallen off in our opinion, shame because they're lovely people. Maybe we'll try Paolos this year if I can prise my wife past Vrisaki.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2019, 02:54:22 pm »
I like fidelios for breakfast remember few years ago having evening meal and it was huge.
Went to vraski last year and they gave us each a huge glass of wine at the end of the meal which was nice  :)