Author Topic: Shops on holiday?  (Read 467 times)

mari

• Offline Offline
Shops on holiday?
« on: February 21, 2019, 03:03:19 pm »
Do you go in the gift shops on holiday if so what do you buy? I usually go for soap, cup and bits and bobs. Bought a plaque for garden last year and it's blown off the fence and broken  :'(
Bought a nice handmade plaque for in my porch form the gift shop near dannys last year that says alykanas.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Shops on holiday?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 07:30:27 pm »
Do you go in the gift shops on holiday if so what do you buy? I usually go for soap, cup and bits and bobs. Bought a plaque for garden last year and it's blown off the fence and broken  :'(
Bought a nice handmade plaque for in my porch form the gift shop near dannys last year that says alykanas.

Yes and what my wife tells me to ;D.

Actually if we spend money along those lines it's more often than not in town. I have a ring, a bracelet and a necklace Greek style that never get taken off and wife has jewellery also, mostly earrings.

Also have a fair few bits of pottery from Volimes, some of which we use, some is decorative and some given as gifts. Plus one daughter has an obsession about fridge magnets so we have to get her a new one every visit. 

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 12:32:46 pm »
Alykanas has some brilliant gift shops and having the time to browse makes a change. I bought myself a beautiful blue and white bracelet which cost only 3 euros but I always wear it when I go out at night. It really shows off a tan in the summertime. Tend to buy items I know someone wants and rarel buy anything for us as we're trying to declutter.

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2019, 02:39:55 pm »
Alykanas has some brilliant gift shops and having the time to browse makes a change. I bought myself a beautiful blue and white bracelet which cost only 3 euros but I always wear it when I go out at night. It really shows off a tan in the summertime. Tend to buy items I know someone wants and rarel buy anything for us as we're trying to declutter.

I have a few turtle teddys, always get magnets soaps aswell. It is nice to have a look round I tend to do it in the evening when it's cooler.

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2019, 02:48:07 pm »

Yes and what my wife tells me to ;D.

Actually if we spend money along those lines it's more often than not in town. I have a ring, a bracelet
and a necklace Greek style that never get taken off and wife has jewellery also, mostly earrings.

Also have a fair few bits of pottery from Volimes, some of which we use, some is decorative and some given as gifts. Plus one daughter has an obsession about fridge magnets so we have to get her a new one every visit.

They sound lovely keepsakes. I agree with magnets I always get one too from wherever I go although some have fallen off the fridge and broken now  :'(