Author Topic: Has anyone bought any pictures/prints of alykes/alykanas  (Read 407 times)

mari

• Offline Offline
Has anyone bought any pictures/prints of alykes/alykanas
« on: February 22, 2019, 10:12:07 am »
I'd really like a couple of pictures to put on my wall one of the alykes bridge would be nice has anyone ever bought any artwork when on holiday?

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Has anyone bought any pictures/prints of alykes/alykanas
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 07:43:55 pm »
I'd really like a couple of pictures to put on my wall one of the alykes bridge would be nice has anyone ever bought any artwork when on holiday?

Not on Zakynthos but bought a painting in the south of France for my wife's 40th in a place called Cordes-sur-Ciel, famous for its art studios. Luckily easyJet were actually very accommodating in getting it home even though it didn't fit the cabin baggage regulations. Bought it from the artist in his studio and he's since been taken up by an art gallery in New York as his main outlet, could prove a good investment :).

I've never seen anywhere on the island where something like that can be bought, though there must be somewhere; but then the difficulty of getting it home kicks in.

mari

• Offline Offline
Re: Has anyone bought any pictures/prints of alykes/alykanas
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2019, 02:46:25 pm »

Not on Zakynthos but bought a painting in the south of France for my wife's 40th in a place called Cordes-sur-Ciel, famous for its art studios. Luckily easyJet were actually very accommodating in getting it home even though it didn't fit the cabin baggage regulations. Bought it from the artist in his studio and he's since been taken up by an art gallery in New York as his main outlet, could prove a good investment :).

That sounds lovely and very true getting it home would be a nightmare particularly in today's climate, would be nice to have a lasting memory though. Bets that's worth something now.

I've never seen anywhere on the island where something like that can be bought, though there must be somewhere; but then the difficulty of getting it home kicks in.