Author Topic: Holiday deals  (Read 583 times)

mari

• Offline Offline
Holiday deals
« on: February 27, 2019, 01:57:22 pm »
Some good deals for May coming out. I'm never sure about may I once went to Crete and it was so chilly it's so much cheaper though. I've noticed September which once used to be cheaper is now on a par with peak summer. Again had bad weather then aswell.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Holiday deals
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2019, 02:42:25 pm »
Booked my May holiday yesterday. Was going to do work on my house but decided it will have to wait. Flight only  and apartments booked direct with owners. May is a good time, long days,  temps normally around the mid 20s and all the flowers in the fields are out. Great for walking as not too warm and resorts quietish so no problems of getting a table in the restaurants.Can get a little cool in the late evening so I chuck a light fleece in the case as can get a bit shivery drinking  the ice cold Mythos late on ;D

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2019, 03:54:56 pm »
Booked my May holiday yesterday. Was going to do work on my house but decided it will have to wait. Flight only  and apartments booked direct with owners. May is a good time, long days,  temps normally around the mid 20s and all the flowers in the fields are out. Great for walking as not too warm and resorts quietish so no problems of getting a table in the restaurants.Can get a little cool in the late evening so I chuck a light fleece in the case as can get a bit shivery drinking  the ice cold Mythos late on ;D

Sounds good and I don't blame you life is too short if I didn't haven't to rely on strict annual leave I'd love to get some good deals

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2019, 04:52:38 pm »
May is usually a good time to go. We have been a few times and only once was the weather not good .It was cold in the daytime as well as the evening. We still enjoyed ourselves though and if the price is ok we would definately book to go again, probably from mid May onwards. The package deals have been quite expensive though. Maybe we will go the booking flights and accommodation route.

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 09:37:14 am »
May is usually a good time to go. We have been a few times and only once was the weather not good .It was cold in the daytime as well as the evening. We still enjoyed ourselves though and if the price is ok we would definately book to go again, probably from mid May onwards. The package deals have been quite expensive though. Maybe we will go the booking flights and accommodation route.

Yes packages are getting more expensive I'm not sure if late deals are as easy to come by anymore plus I like the build up when it's all booked. I'd consider may in future I'm all for saving a bit of money.