Author Topic: Transfer  (Read 1182 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Transfer
« on: March 01, 2019, 11:54:40 am »
I'm aware many of you do independent booking but for those who do packages do you take the coach or hire a taxi? We've always done the coach but pondering on the taxi this year

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2019, 04:46:09 pm »
I'm aware many of you do independent booking but for those who do packages do you take the coach or hire a taxi? We've always done the coach but pondering on the taxi this year

Back when we went package we always took the coach, but wouldn't now if we ever did package again; but if you do take a taxi make sure you inform the reps so they're not delaying everyone else while they look for you.

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 05:03:29 pm »
If the transfer is included in the price we usually take the coach and keep the 56 euro (return) taxi fare for the Mythos and Alfa  :) .As I don`t drive when on holiday the coach gives me chance to see a bit of the countryside and Tsilivi and sometimes Amoudi. But if the transfers arn`t included we take a taxi,but not keen on taxi as had a couple of bad experiences with a couple of drivers,but on the whole they are generally OK. :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2019, 05:28:40 pm »
If the transfer is included in the price we usually take the coach and keep the 56 euro (return) taxi fare for the Mythos and Alfa  :) .As I don`t drive when on holiday the coach gives me chance to see a bit of the countryside and Tsilivi and sometimes Amoudi. But if the transfers arn`t included we take a taxi,but not keen on taxi as had a couple of bad experiences with a couple of drivers,but on the whole they are generally OK. :)

When you say it like that you're right 56 euro would pay for a meal and drinks  :laugh:

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2019, 05:29:33 pm »

Back when we went package we always took the coach, but wouldn't now if we ever did package again; but if you do take a taxi make sure you inform the reps so they're not delaying everyone else while they look for you.

Yes I'd imagine that would cause chaos for the other travellers on the coach I wouldn't be impressed

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2019, 06:12:38 pm »
Tend to book package and don't mind the coach transfer as I think they have improved over the years with less drop off points. Quite enjoy being high up in the coach too as if it's a day flight we like to see the sights, countryside, different accommodations etc. :)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2019, 09:06:42 pm »
We’ve never used a transfer coach in Zante, usually we have a hire car waiting for us in the airport car park that we’ve pre arranged. Sometimes we also get picked up by our hosts. Since EasyJet started flying from Bristol that’s the flights we get nowdays and with the flight arriving at lunchtime on Wednesdays we get up to Alykanas A.S.A.P. to get a full afternoon in the sunshine  8) 8) 8) 8) !!!!!

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2019, 10:32:32 am »
If I book flight and Apartments privately then I have to get a taxi which is simple enough, although as I always travel on my own it  seems a little expensive, but cheap enough if shared between 3 or 4 of you.  If I book a package ( normally TC) then the coach transfer is normally included in the price so I just sit back and have a nice ride round  Tsilivi and Alykanas on the way to Alykes.I am in no rush I am on holiday  :)  I do enjoy having a bit of a nose at the hotels and apartments on the way to see what they are like. However I have noticed that one "package" company's price which looks good on the surface, now not only does not include transfers but now does not include any luggage either :o

If you are going to go by taxi then just pick one up at the taxi rank outside the airport..28 euro to Alykes. Or you could book a "Private taxi" . transfer instead of the coach transfer included in another package companies holiday at an additional cost of  £158 yes that is not a typo, they wanted £158 EXTRA. and that was just for me. Must be a stretch limo with champagne included at that price. ::)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2019, 11:41:15 am by Al »
When life closes a door, open it. That's how doors work

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 08:56:58 am »
Wow expensive...yet some people will book it even at that price  :)

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2019, 11:10:48 am »
Don't know if anyone has heard of or used this company, but came across it and thought I would just see what sort of prices they are coming up with. Seems very reasonable to me. So Just fed in approx times  for my May trip and number of people ( one) and they came up with:-

Express shuttle....16.07 euro return
Taxi....................32.91 euro return
Premium taxi.......40.17 euro return

Although 15mins journey time quoted seems to be pushing it a little.

https://www.suntransfers.com/

https://www.suntransfers.com/about-us

:-\
« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 11:18:51 am by Al »

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2019, 07:18:42 am »
Don't know if anyone has heard of or used this company, but came across it and thought I would just see what sort of prices they are coming up with. Seems very reasonable to me. So Just fed in approx times  for my May trip and number of people ( one) and they came up with:-

Express shuttle....16.07 euro return
Taxi....................32.91 euro return
Premium taxi.......40.17 euro return

Although 15mins journey time quoted seems to be pushing it a little.

That does seem quite reasonable for returns aswell

https://www.suntransfers.com/

https://www.suntransfers.com/about-us

:-\

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 07:21:28 am »
Tend to book package and don't mind the coach transfer as I think they have improved over the years with less drop off points. Quite enjoy being high up in the coach too as if it's a day flight we like to see the sights, countryside, different accommodations etc. :)

Yes it is nice to see oth places and I always try and guess where people are staying lol and hope there's not loads getting off at my accomodation  :laugh:

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 07:22:33 am »
If I book flight and Apartments privately then I have to get a taxi which is simple enough, although as I always travel on my own it  seems a little expensive, but cheap enough if shared between 3 or 4 of you.  If I book a package ( normally TC) then the coach transfer is normally included in the price so I just sit back and have a nice ride round  Tsilivi and Alykanas on the way to Alykes.I am in no rush I am on holiday  :)  I do enjoy having a bit of a nose at the hotels and apartments on the way to see what they are like. However I have noticed that one "package" company's price which looks good on the surface, now not only does not include transfers but now does not include any luggage either :o

If you are going to go by taxi then just pick one up at the taxi rank outside the airport..28 euro to Alykes. Or you could book a "Private taxi" . transfer instead of the coach transfer included in another
package companies holiday at an additional cost of  £158 yes that is not a typo, they wanted £158 EXTRA. and that was just for me. Must be a stretch limo with champagne included at that price. ::)

Yes think I've seen that lol rip off ha ha  :laugh: :laugh:

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2019, 11:50:23 am »
Thought I would give "Suntransfers" a go at the prices previously quoted but find they have gone up a lot so won't be bothering

Now...Shuttle 23.32 euro return....still not that bad

taxi....79.56 euro return.....no point..cheaper at rank

Premium taxi 92.88 return..even worse   ::)

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2019, 12:12:43 pm »
For those on a tight budget or those who aren’t concerned about transfer time scales you can now (as of last Season) catch the public bus but there is a hitch. A public bus service goes back and fore from the airport to the bus station in Zante town ( journey time takes around 10-15 mins). From here you can connect to bus services to all the resorts and the fare will cost around 5 euros per person each way including the connecting onward bus service. Of course this is through the daytime only as buses cease late in the afternoons.