Author Topic: When does your holiday start ?  (Read 531 times)

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
When does your holiday start ?
« on: March 03, 2019, 09:03:22 am »
Ours starts a few days before we travel as in " holiday mode ". Run down things at work ( my husband ) whereas I generally get last minute holiday shopping. Also we tend to do more leisure activities in the week before like go out for more meals/drinks/swimming at local leisure centre or the beach if weather ok/ nice walks...just try and extend the two week break into something longer :) What do you do ?

mari

• Offline Offline
Re: When does your holiday start ?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 07:26:51 am »
I am not as lucky with time off but tend to try and get a couple of days off before I then like you will go out and do last minute shopping I live very near a big shopping centre. I put some fake tan on as I'm very pale and night before probably get a takeaway. Last year stayed in a hotel as live further from airport now but this year staying home as missed my own comforts lol and spent a fortune.
I enjoy the build up to the holiday but hate ironing.  :'(

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 04:52:25 pm »
As soon as the cars parked and we`ve checked in and the cases are off my hands and head to the bar for the first holiday drink in the lounge! ;D

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 04:57:14 pm »
Mine starts once Iíve checked in at the airport, got rid of the baggage, checked the flight is on time, and made my way into the departures area after security. Before this I totally stress out on the day of departure from the time we leave the house, checking have we got this, have we done that. Iíve even stopped the car before en-route to the airport just to double check things in the cases that Iíve already double checked l.o.l. Iíve been like this before the many holidays weíve been on and it never gets any easier l.o.l. I find the whole travelling experience just so stressful but the end result makes it all worth while  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2019, 12:09:16 pm »
As soon as the cars parked and we`ve checked in and the cases are off my hands and head to the bar for the first holiday drink in the lounge! ;D

Do you go for an early. Opening flight lol? Think I'm gonna have a full English at the airport this year as not got food on the plane  :D

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2019, 12:11:08 pm »
Mine starts once Iíve checked in at the airport, got rid of the baggage, checked the flight is on time, and made my way into the departures area after security. Before this I totally stress out on the day of departure from the time we leave the house, checking have we got this, have we done that. Iíve even stopped the car before en-route to the airport just to double check things in the cases that Iíve already double checked l.o.l. Iíve been like this before the many holidays weíve been on and it never gets any easier l.o.l. I find the whole travelling experience just so stressful but the end result makes it all worth while  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Lol I really hate going through security my bag often gets searched and I feel nervous by it all even though I've nothing to hide. Once through security feel better and can put my shoes back on.

ladyhilly

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2019, 09:28:50 am »
Mine starts the moment the cases are packed, then I just want to get there!  Trouble is itís a long time from now as not going til the end of August!

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2019, 11:35:38 am »
Something to look forward to and you never know we may have another warm summer. It's still a bit dreary atm . Another thing I like to do is go through my summer wardrobe, see what can be worn again, favourite holiday pieces and recycle the rest. ;D

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2019, 09:56:53 am »
Mine starts the moment the cases are packed, then I just want to get there!  Trouble is itís a long time from now as not going til the end of August!

Thing is time will fly and it will soon be here love the build up  :D

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2019, 10:00:00 am »
Something to look forward to and you never know we may have another warm summer. It's still a bit dreary atm . Another thing I like to do is go through my summer wardrobe, see what can be worn again, favourite holiday pieces and recycle the rest. ;D

Sophia I need to do this a lot of stuff I wear only on holiday. id like a few new bits but don't want to spend loads

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2019, 03:49:15 pm »
Sophia I need to do this a lot of stuff I wear only on holiday. id like a few new bits but don't want to spend loads

My wife has lost a fair amount of weight in the last year so kitting her out is costing a fortune, 'specially as we're off to the highlands and islands in Scotland next month so she needed cold/wet weather gear as well :'(.

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 09:24:48 pm »

My wife has lost a fair amount of weight in the last year so kitting her out is costing a fortune, 'specially as we're off to the highlands and islands in Scotland next month so she needed cold/wet weather gear as well :'(.

Oh dear but well done to her for losing the weight so all worth it better health and all. Never been to Scotland sounds nice she'll want a lot of new gear  ;)