Author Topic: Island of dreams  (Read 671 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Island of dreams
« on: March 05, 2019, 12:13:54 pm »
Has anyone watched the 3 part island of dreams on you tube? Posted by Rab Currie it's about women who moved to Zante I think the owners of Cuba bar are on there. It's about love and holiday romances lol. I watched some of it,

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Re: Island of dreams
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2019, 08:18:19 am »
We Watched it years ago after being given a copy on a memory stick by a very well known ex-pat. I donít think Jerry who ownís the Cuba bar (run by his son Nickos and wife Charlotte) featured in the film. I could be wrong though as Iíve not watched the film for some years. Interest in this film was resurrected a year or two ago when the subject cropped up and another ex-pat ran off copies and sent them out to those wanting a copy, thatís how it ended up on YouTube. The actual girl ( back then) that was featured in the film who was called ď DiaĒ returned to the U.K. last year after living in the Alykanas area for many years. Those who are familiar with the locals in Alykanas / Alykes will recognise some other faces in this film in their younger days. Spiros thar owns and runs the Mill bar with wife Julie really stands out to me with his then Afro style jet black hair. Diaís Greek husband died some years ago and she stayed on raising her children. Dia is one of the strongest and funniest people Iíve ever met and the wife often makes contact with her on other social media sites.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 10:09:35 pm by tony welsh »

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 06:02:31 pm »
Spiros thar owns and runs the Mill bar with wife Julie really stands out to me with his then Afro style jet black hair.

I've skimmed through the three vids Tony and can't find Spiros and Julie, can you give me an idea where they are in what episode?

Remember watching the series when it was first aired many years before I ever visited.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2019, 09:05:57 pm »
Itís a long time since I watched it Mike and I donít even know where the memory stick itís on is at the moment. I donít recall seeing Julie but Spiros is definately on it somewhere !!

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2019, 09:24:30 pm »
Itís a long time since I watched it Mike and I donít even know where the memory stick itís on is at the moment. I donít recall seeing Julie but Spiros is definately on it somewhere !!

Thanks Tony I'll have to look a bit more, Spiros with "black afro" would be interesting to see in comparison to his somewhat shorter and greying pate these days.....though he still has more hair than me :(!

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2019, 09:43:28 pm »
Iíve just scooted through episode 1 on YouTube Mike and Spiros in on there at the Christening section at the 37 minute 33 seconds mark, he has a blue shirt on and as usual heís smoking l.o.l. But Iím sure heís on one of the other episodes too, as thatís not the section I remember Iíll look more closely tomorrow. If you look at episode 2 Mike Spiros figures widely in it dressed in a dark suit (smoking again l.o.l.)  and thatís the part I remember. I recall now Spiros was the best man at Nickos and Diaís wedding as Nickos was Spiroís cousin, as mentioned sadly Nickos passed away some years ago now.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 11:19:06 pm by tony welsh »

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2019, 11:44:59 am »
Iíve just scooted through episode 1 on YouTube Mike and Spiros in on there at the Christening section at the 37 minute 33 seconds mark, he has a blue shirt on and as usual heís smoking l.o.l. But Iím sure heís on one of the other episodes too, as thatís not the section I remember Iíll look more closely tomorrow. If you look at episode 2 Mike Spiros figures widely in it dressed in a dark suit (smoking again l.o.l.)  and thatís the part I remember. I recall now Spiros was the best man at Nickos and Diaís wedding as Nickos was Spiroís cousin, as mentioned sadly Nickos passed away some years ago now.

That's great Tony I'll have another look. Thanks.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2019, 02:43:48 pm »
I only saw episode one will watch the others when bored. Shame about Dias husband then she sounded like she had a hard time with his family when they got together. I would have been a child when this was done if was interesting to watch.