Author Topic: Best breakfast in alykes/alykanas  (Read 726 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Best breakfast in alykes/alykanas
« on: March 18, 2019, 09:06:40 am »
My favourite I have found is fidelios but would like to try other places any ideas?

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Best breakfast in alykes/alykanas
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2019, 02:03:16 pm »
My favourite I have found is fidelios but would like to try other places any ideas?

My brekkie is always a complan wherever I am (exotic eh?). I have throat damage due to a medical procedure that constricts it overnight so solid food is impossible for a couple of hours.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 04:57:02 pm »

My brekkie is always a complan wherever I am (exotic eh?). I have throat damage due to a medical procedure that constricts it overnight so solid food is impossible for a couple of hours.

Oh dear that's not good  :'(

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 09:27:12 pm »
Definately a full English fry up at the Cosy Corner, another place for breakfast we also favour is the Mill Bars continental breakfast. It consists of orange juice, local hand sliced bread from the village bakery with cheese and ham and sliced melon with a dish of yoghurt and honey too and of course tea or coffee. The Zante Nest poolside bar does a terrific special Greek breakfast consisting of orange juice, local poached eggs on hand cut toast again from the village bakery accompanied by chopped black olives and salami. It also comes with a bowl of Greek yoghurt with tinned black cherries and tea, coffee, or Greek coffee. On occasions I pop down to the fruit and veg shop and pick up a selection of fresh fruits and a tub of thick Greek yoghurt from a supermarket whilst the wife sleeps on. I then lay the table out on the balcony with orange juice and coffee which we take over with us in those all in one shop bought sachets, not the best but very convenient for travel. No set routine really we just do what we fancy each day. In our younger years we would get hot cheese pies on our way home via the bakery that is open from around 4 a.m. often seeing in the sunrise l.o.l. but those days are over. 77 days to go for our first visit of the Season, we usually go to Alykanas for the middle 2 weeks of June but this year were a few days earlier. Back again then at the end of August for another 2 weeks.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 09:38:30 pm »

Oh it is mari, it's very good; if I'd not had it I'd be dead so I live with it quite happily. Can still have a full English later in the day (the finest meal in the history of humankind) so I have no complaints ;D.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 02:34:25 pm »

Oh it is mari, it's very good; if I'd not had it I'd be dead so I live with it quite happily. Can still have a full English later in the day (the finest meal in the history of humankind) so I have no complaints ;D.

At least you can still have one later so you probably enjoy the breakfast even more  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 02:37:27 pm »
Definately a full English fry up at the Cosy Corner, another place for breakfast we also favour is the Mill Bars continental breakfast. It consists of orange juice, local hand sliced bread from the village bakery with cheese and ham and sliced melon with a dish of yoghurt and honey too and of course tea or coffee. The Zante Nest poolside bar does a terrific special Greek breakfast consisting of orange juice, local poached eggs on hand cut toast again from the village bakery accompanied by chopped black olives and salami. It also comes with a bowl of Greek yoghurt with tinned black cherries and tea, coffee, or Greek coffee. On occasions I pop down to the fruit and veg shop and pick up a selection of fresh fruits and a tub of thick Greek yoghurt from a supermarket whilst the wife sleeps on. I then lay the table out on the balcony with orange juice and coffee which we take over with us in those all in one shop bought sachets, not the best but very convenient for travel. No set routine really we just do what we fancy each day. In our younger years we would get hot cheese pies on our way home via the bakery that is open from around 4 a.m. often seeing in the sunrise l.o.l. but those days are over. 77 days to go for our first visit of the Season, we usually go to Alykanas for the middle 2 weeks of June but this year were a few days earlier. Back again then at the end of August for another 2 weeks.

Sounds very nice nom nom. I must try a Greek breakfast sounds devine. Speaking of which I'm having a lovely fry up tonight before my night shift ..... Not as good as breakfast in Zante though lol  :laugh: :laugh: sounds good you can keep us posted on changes in resort I'm there in July.

GCFAN

• Offline Offline
    • holiday 2013
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2019, 08:31:33 pm »
I found the Cosy Corner or Danny's to be the best fry up in Alykanas. We also like to break up the fry ups with the odd Greek breakfast at the Mill or Zante Nest.

AlanF

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 07:16:54 am »
Got to be Fidelios, great food, friendly service.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 09:04:22 am »
For us  it is Cosy Corner, lovely English breakfast at reasonable cost plus like the decor here and eating Al Fresco. Maybe, for a change we may go to Apollo ( opposite Letsos hotel ) which is really lovely too . They do great gyros here too for a lunchtime snack. Also we love Danny's hotel and even if not staying there will usually go a few times for their breakfast, again very reasonable. :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 09:23:55 am »
For us  it is Cosy Corner, lovely English breakfast at reasonable cost plus like the decor here and eating Al Fresco. Maybe, for a change we may go to Apollo ( opposite Letsos hotel ) which is really lovely too . They do great gyros here too for a lunchtime snack. Also we love Danny's hotel and even if not staying there will usually go a few times for their breakfast, again very reasonable. :)

Have had a meal at cosy in the evening was nice not tired breakfast yet. Dannys had a breakfast there last year was nice. Is Apollo the one that's been taken over? We were talking last night and said we will probably have 2-3 breakfasts in 2 weeks lol as don't want too many fry ups.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 09:27:19 am »
Got to be Fidelios, great food, friendly service.

I agree our go to place even when we stay in alykanas. Top breakfast  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 09:28:03 am »
I found the Cosy Corner or Danny's to be the best fry up in Alykanas. We also like to break up the fry ups with the odd Greek breakfast at the Mill or Zante Nest.

I must do that too never had a Greek breakfast sounds nice  :)