Author Topic: Bad weather  (Read 646 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Bad weather
« on: March 26, 2019, 12:58:21 pm »
I remember having a week in alykanas at the alykanas beach and the whole week it rained not last year year before. We ended up feeling a bit fed up. The rain was torrential. Has anyone else had this?
Never wore a bikin the whole week and remember looking to buy a hoodie  :'(

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Re: Bad weather
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 03:51:25 pm »
Never ever been totally washed out, weve lost a day here and there and experienced many thunderstorms over the years. Normally the following day after any of the above its business as usual with wall to wall sunshine. For the record we go in June and then return for our second visit in late August through into mid September.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 06:01:21 pm »
Never been washed out completely same as Tony and we've been every month in the season over the years. October you get the storms but only ever affected us two days out of a fortnight at most; strangely it tipped it down on the first day we ever visited the island in 2004 and we had a very soggy walk along a deserted beach to Alykes and back (from Grapevines). In 2005 while we were there a lightning strike hit a power box outside the old Busters and set it on fire, killing the power for the whole village for hours.....that was the year we had earthquakes as well, eventful ;D.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 09:39:26 am »
Never been washed out completely same as Tony and we've been every month in the season over the years. October you get the storms but only ever affected us two days out of a fortnight at most; strangely it tipped it down on the first day we ever visited the island in 2004 and we had a very soggy walk along a deserted beach to Alykes and back (from Grapevines). In 2005 while we were there a lightning strike hit a power box outside the old Busters and set it on fire, killing the power for the whole village for hours.....that was the year we had earthquakes as well, eventful ;D.

Wow does sound eventful. Just never know with the weather wasn't it June last year they had a lot of power cuts etc I remember reading people who were there wanting to come home on Facebook they had no power. We had a power cut for a few hours in July last year couldn't have a shower felt dirty lol  :'(

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 09:40:48 am »
Never ever been totally washed out, weve lost a day here and there and experienced many thunderstorms over the years. Normally the following day after any of the above its business as usual with wall to wall sunshine. For the record we go in June and then return for our second visit in late August through into mid September.

Yeah was the first time the whole week was bad was chilly and miserable. Hopefully good weather this year  :)

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 08:28:37 pm »
The worst I have ever had was 4 very rainy days out of the 7  I was there. The other 3 were fine. Was forced for most of the time to stay in the bar in order to stay dry.
Damn, that was really hard going.
LIFE is what is happening when you are too busy looking at your phone!

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2019, 10:23:09 am »
The worst I have ever had was 4 very rainy days out of the 7  I was there. The other 3 were fine. Was forced for most of the time to stay in the bar in order to stay dry.
Damn, that was really hard going.

Sounds hard lol same it's all you can do really  :laugh: