Author Topic: First drink of the season?  (Read 720 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
First drink of the season?
« on: March 26, 2019, 01:00:27 pm »
Where's your first drink of the season going to be?

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
Re: First drink of the season?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2019, 03:47:27 pm »
Mine will be an ice cold draught pint of Mythos at the Pahnis pool bar. In the evening weíll head across to the Cosy Corner as we always do for our first meal accompanied with a jug of village red wine, later it will be the CUBA bar, thatís our usual first day  8) 8) 8) !!

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2019, 06:09:33 pm »
Shoestring again (it's closest ;D). I prefer bottled Mythos to draught myself Tony, and being a bit of a slob I never have a glass, always drink from the bottle.

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2019, 07:53:35 pm »
I always have an acquaintance drink in the bar of where ever we are staying,but depending on time of arrival.my first official drink is the Iris Bar or the Porto Paradiso . ;D

GCFAN

• Offline Offline
    • holiday 2013
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2019, 08:05:27 pm »
As soon as we've unpacked it's off to the Mill Bar for our first drink and a chill out. After getting washed and changed for the night session our first meal will be the Cosy Corner. Then It's a mini bar crawl starting at the Satisfaction, Cuba Bar and finish off at the Zeus Bar. What time of the morning we finish off is another story. "YAMAS"  ;D

AlanF

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 07:30:09 am »
We arrive quite late in Alykes (flight from Edinburgh) so the cases are opened and then along to the Yria for a cold pint of Vassili's mythos,

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2019, 08:58:12 am »
Always where we stay to get to know or reaquaint with the accommodation owners this year it's Bonkers bar with Pav & Karen, find out what's been going on with them and to have a general chit chat. Then definitely Yria Bar, Spikeys at Alykes end or Busters bar the Alykanas end of the resort. Oooo can't wait now I've started thinking about our holidays again. ;D

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2019, 09:25:16 am »
Always where we stay to get to know or reaquaint with the accommodation owners this year it's Bonkers bar with Pav & Karen, find out what's been going on with them and to have a general chit chat. Then definitely Yria Bar, Spikeys at Alykes end or Busters bar the Alykanas end of the resort. Oooo can't wait now I've started thinking about our holidays again. ;D

Yes we do the same then go for a walk. Will try Yria this year and busters is nice too. Yes I'm excited aswell  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2019, 09:25:50 am »
We arrive quite late in Alykes (flight from Edinburgh) so the cases are opened and then along to the Yria for a cold pint of Vassili's mythos,

Oooh sounds good to me  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2019, 09:31:54 am »
As soon as we've unpacked it's off to the Mill Bar for our first drink and a chill out. After getting washed and changed for the night session our first meal will be the Cosy Corner. Then It's a mini bar crawl starting at the Satisfaction, Cuba Bar and finish off at the Zeus Bar. What time of the morning we finish off is another story. "YAMAS"  ;D

Love the mill bar and the others you mention we like dilema bar too

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2019, 09:33:56 am »
I always have an acquaintance drink in the bar of where ever we are staying,but depending on time of arrival.my first official drink is the Iris Bar or the Porto Paradiso . ;D

The iris bar is great and Porto paradiso for lunch is amazing love it  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2019, 09:36:14 am »
Shoestring again (it's closest ;D). I prefer bottled Mythos to draught myself Tony, and being a bit of a slob I never have a glass, always drink from the bottle.

Lucky you lol having shoestrings as your local

Yeah I read better to buy in bottle somewhere

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2019, 09:42:42 am »
Mine will be an ice cold draught pint of Mythos at the Pahnis pool bar. In the evening weíll head across to the Cosy Corner as we always do for our first meal accompanied with a jug of village red wine, later it will be the CUBA bar, thatís our usual first day  8) 8) 8) !!

Not heard of the pahnis is it far? Sounds a good one sometimes hard to get a table at cosy though

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2019, 01:04:55 pm »

Not heard of the pahnis is it far? Sounds a good one sometimes hard to get a table at cosy though
Pahnis is a studio complex with a bar, itís the first complex youíll see rounding the bend into Alykanas from the airport direction on the right. It has a beautiful garden frontage with the pool and main building set well back from the main road. Itís about a 10-12 minute walk into the central village area from here. Itís always best to book a table in advance at the Cosy especially during peak times in high Season. Simply pop in around 4 p.m. when Jules is there taking bookings, you can also order in advance to ensure your chosen main course as some popular dishes sell out quickly with the high demand. It is essential to order the Saturday night fillet steak special !!!
« Last Edit: March 27, 2019, 01:10:55 pm by tony welsh »

dh

• Offline Offline
  • mystery man
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2019, 01:17:34 pm »
Bliss Pool Bar