Author Topic: Argassi  (Read 448 times)

mari

• Offline Offline
Argassi
« on: March 27, 2019, 09:44:49 am »
Was watching you tube videos last night and saw some on Argassi looked quite nice. Has anyone been and how does it compare to alykes/alykanas

We sort of feel we should try somewhere different next year as keep going back to the same places lol

Any views? 

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Argassi
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2019, 11:31:56 am »
Not stayed there but been through it many times and stopped to have a wander on occasion. Not a fan to be honest though I know a lot of people love it, the beach is very limited (though there are plenty of beach bars); doesn't have the same "feel" as Alykanas for me. Mind you nowhere does, never been tempted to stay anywhere else on the island, if it ain't broke don't fix it I say.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2019, 01:19:45 pm »
Not stayed there but been through it many times and stopped to have a wander on occasion. Not a fan to be honest though I know a lot of people love it, the beach is very limited (though there are plenty of beach bars); doesn't have the same "feel" as Alykanas for me. Mind you nowhere does, never been tempted to stay anywhere else on the island, if it ain't broke don't fix it I say.
I think I could definately stay in Kalamaki (I quite like a day out there) and Iíve often thought about having a day/night in the Mabely Grand Hotel up in the hills near Kampi but just for I-2 days due to itís isolated position. But realistically thereís only one ALYKANAS !

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2019, 02:49:28 pm »

I guess it looked a lot more traditional Greek and quite unspoiled on the video.
I think alykanas/alykes becoming a lot more popular now ... Hope doesn't get ruined I certainly noticed a big change in alykanas last year I did stay at dannys though

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2019, 02:51:56 pm »
I think I could definately stay in Kalamaki (I quite like a day out there) and Iíve often thought about having a day/night in the Mabely Grand Hotel up in the hills near Kampi but just for I-2 days due to itís isolated position. But realistically thereís only one ALYKANAS !

You're probably right lol. Kalamaki is popular aswell.  :)
Alykanas/alykes has changed a lot though

GCFAN

• Offline Offline
    • holiday 2013
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2019, 10:06:51 pm »
We've been down to Argassi a couple of time on a quad bike and I must say it's not our cup of tea. There's a busy road that runs right through the centre of the resort and the beach is quite small compared to Alykes and Alykanas. The Aly's are quite laid back in comparison to Argassi in our opinion.

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2019, 11:40:28 am »
We've been down to Argassi a couple of time on a quad bike and I must say it's not our cup of tea. There's a busy road that runs right through the centre of the resort and the beach is quite small compared to Alykes and Alykanas. The Aly's are quite laid back in comparison to Argassi in our opinion.

Probably why it's not as popular lol  >:(

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2019, 09:06:26 pm »
I guess it looked a lot more traditional Greek and quite unspoiled on the video.
I think alykanas/alykes becoming a lot more popular now ... Hope doesn't get ruined I certainly noticed a big change in alykanas last year I did stay at dannys though

Deceptive video imo (not having seen it), there's nothing traditionally Greek about Argassi, that said there's little "traditional Greek" about any of the resort locations on the island; if you want traditional you have to swerve them all and go local. The resorts are what they are, built around tourism and catering for the "Brit (and other nationalities) abroad" and they do it very well, but "Shirley Valentine" experiences are hard to come by.

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2019, 10:17:52 pm »

Deceptive video imo (not having seen it), there's nothing traditionally Greek about Argassi, that said there's little "traditional Greek" about any of the resort locations on the island; if you want traditional you have to swerve them all and go local. The resorts are what they are, built around tourism and catering for the "Brit (and other nationalities) abroad" and they do it very well, but "Shirley Valentine" experiences are hard to come by.

Yes I understand what you are saying but you hear more people going to tslivii etc than Argassi. So thought it may be more unspoiled aswell. It was only my perception watching videos after a few vinos lol  :laugh: