Author Topic: Cafe on the alykes bridge  (Read 222 times)

mari

• Offline Offline
Cafe on the alykes bridge
« on: April 15, 2019, 08:45:59 pm »
I've never been in but apparently it's all been done up so worth a try don't think I've really paid much attention to it before

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
Re: Cafe on the alykes bridge
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 10:00:18 am »
I used to call in more or less everyday on my walks,so peaceful listening to the birds and river trickling by,and old Jimmy writing his poetry and snoozing,(uncanny how he woke up as soon as someone was just about to pay their bill,lol) sadly missed. Glad to see it being looked after,but we must have gone too early in season the last two years as it wasn`t open when we where there.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2019, 11:02:40 am »
Yes the cafe did close after Jimmy’s sad passing that year but it was fully open last year. I think his daughter re-opened it then after some legal complications. Nothing unusual that with Greek families and associated paperwork on top of paperwork !!!

dh

• Offline Offline
  • mystery man
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2019, 12:19:23 pm »
yes we discovered it last year whilst on a morning stroll, ended up going most days

mr b

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2019, 12:20:22 pm »
The café was open a couple of evenings last year when we were there for Elvis nights

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2019, 09:05:11 pm »
Oh it's definitely worth a drink or two never been there but love the bridge  :)