Author Topic: The holiday season approaches .....  (Read 855 times)

mari

• Offline Offline
The holiday season approaches .....
« on: April 21, 2019, 03:37:52 pm »
Anyone going out in May please keep us posted with your reviews and updates and most importantly have a fab holiday  :laugh:

portadelmar

• Offline Offline
  • Zante Wanderer.
Re: The holiday season approaches .....
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 04:37:32 pm »
I will do that mari. We go four weeks yesterday.  :laugh:

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2019, 04:27:58 am »

Fab stuff  :)

portadelmar

• Offline Offline
  • Zante Wanderer.
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2019, 12:37:49 pm »

Fab stuff  :)

Just getting packed ready for our 7.10am flight from LBA tomorrow. Weather looks ok too.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2019, 05:35:03 pm »
Have a fantastic time, it's a really chilled place to go. :)

portadelmar

• Offline Offline
  • Zante Wanderer.
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 08:02:05 am »
Well, that wasn't a brilliant start to our holiday. Leeds/Bradford was absolutely rammed with people at 4.45am with long queues at check in and security. Finally boarded the flight but one of the engines was faulty so after sitting on it for 2 hours, we all had to get off and board a replacement plane. Luckily we were flying with Jet2 who are based there so finding a replacement wasn't too difficult for them.
I'm rather annoyed actually, the original plane was a non liveried plane of unknown origin which Jet2 had chartered I'd guess. I think it was
an old Estonian Airlines jobbie. It's callsign was ES SAS. Completely white with a crew who didn't have a good command of English.
In the end things turned out for the better as the new aircraft was a 757 with far better space and legroom.
It just leaves me pondering why Jet2 did this in the first place? No doubt they have their  reasons but if they have spare planes at Leeds why?

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 04:03:38 pm »
That's rubbish bet people were so annoyed waiting so long on the plane. Hope you got freebies.
Enjoy your holiday   :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 04:17:48 pm »
Due to leave Bristol at 6.55 tomorrow morning. Alarm set for 1.45 and suitcases already in the car, cab being sent to meet us by accommodation owners ;D.

Just don't want my phone to "beep" a notification telling me flight cancelled as happened a couple of years back, any texts I get now will be heart attack material!

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 07:36:19 pm »
Due to leave Bristol at 6.55 tomorrow morning. Alarm set for 1.45 and suitcases already in the car, cab being sent to meet us by accommodation owners ;D.

Just don't want my phone to "beep" a notification telling me flight cancelled as happened a couple of years back, any texts I get now will be heart attack material!

Hopefully all will go well.

Have a good one :)

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 09:53:58 pm »

Have a fab holiday Mike! I'm sure it won't look forward to your updates  :)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2019, 05:46:00 am »
 No beep this year, safely at the airport..... but I did, in my dozy state, miss the motorway turn off and have to go to the next one and turn round ???. Wife unimpressed but it only cost us fifteen minutes so no problem. Done the journey hundreds of times, ridiculous!

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 09:09:47 am »

We’ll be doing the same Mike in exactly 2 weeks to the day and on the same flight too, I know you’re in the air right now but enjoy your hols mate  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) !!

portadelmar

• Offline Offline
  • Zante Wanderer.
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 11:52:32 am »
By 'eck it's a bit chilly today. Total cloud cover but looking good for tomorrow. Been to Fidelios three times for breakfast already. We hid round the corner from the webcam the last two times as my wife freaked out when I showed us eating the first morning. hahahaha.

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 01:23:08 pm »
By 'eck it's a bit chilly today. Total cloud cover but looking good for tomorrow. Been to Fidelios three times for breakfast already. We hid round the corner from the webcam the last two times as my wife freaked out when I showed us eating the first morning. hahahaha.

People are saying it is unusually chilly for May. Ha ha that's funny inremeebr sitting in fidelios in 2016 when its was chucking it down love the place  :)

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 01:24:42 pm »
No beep this year, safely at the airport..... but I did, in my dozy state, miss the motorway turn off and have to go to the next one and turn round ???. Wife unimpressed but it only cost us fifteen minutes so no problem. Done the journey hundreds of times, ridiculous!

Lol well no harm done have a fab time and enjoy the hammock  :)