Author Topic: The holiday season approaches .....  (Read 2096 times)

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: The holiday season approaches .....
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2019, 12:13:31 pm »
Also should mention that there's been a lot of road resurfacing done (still ongoing), though still many a pot-hole to dodge, and the 4g coverage is massively improved from last year. That seems to be all over the island as far as we've travelled, though we've not done the Vasilikos peninsula yet or ventured up north or onto the hills. Will report back when I do.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2019, 02:57:56 pm »
Also should mention that there's been a lot of road resurfacing done (still ongoing), though still many a pot-hole to dodge, and the 4g coverage is massively improved from last year. That seems to be all over the island as far as we've travelled, though we've not done the Vasilikos peninsula yet or ventured up north or onto the hills. Will report back when I do.

That's good that the roads are getting looked at it can be terrible. How's the rubbish situation heard its been bad over there at times.

portadelmar

• Offline Offline
  • Zante Wanderer.
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2019, 05:40:43 pm »

That's good that the roads are getting looked at it can be terrible. How's the rubbish situation heard its been bad over there at times.

The tarmac job on some roads is rubbish. Won't last through the winter at a guess.
The roads are lined with overflowing bins as well. Proper eyesore.

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2019, 06:43:49 pm »

The tarmac job on some roads is rubbish. Won't last through the winter at a guess.

Not knowledgeable enough about tarmacking to comment on now good it is; the rubbish piles I think they're working on for once, seen several drastically reduced in the ten days we've been here. Actually saw a team clearing a big pile on the Zak town/Katastari road yesterday, it's by no means as good as it should/could be but I think efforts are being made.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2019, 03:26:27 pm »

Not knowledgeable enough about tarmacking to comment on now good it is; the rubbish piles I think they're working on for once, seen several drastically reduced in the ten days we've been here. Actually saw a team clearing a big pile on the Zak town/Katastari road yesterday, it's by no means as good as it should/could be but I think efforts are being made.

That's good to see improvements being made slowly but surely  :)