Author Topic: Thomas Cook API  (Read 305 times)

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Thomas Cook API
« on: May 04, 2019, 02:39:06 pm »
As I am due to get back to my favourite island shortly  ;D .   I have had recently  a few e-mails from Thomas Cook with whom I am flying flight only, most to do with pre booking duty free ( Airshoppen) and any upgrades that I may want. However one was to confirm flight and seat details etc. but also to request API.  Now I am pretty sure that last October when I flew with them, when I checked with them, API was not required unless you wanted to check in online. This time it looks like they now want it anyway. Think they started collecting this a few years back and then dropped the requirement. Looks like it's back. ( could be to do with the dreaded "B" word )

Filled it in, and all set to go. Now waiting for online check in to open 24 hours before departure :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 02:42:27 pm by Al »

saganaki

• Offline Offline
Re: Thomas Cook API
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2019, 04:42:16 pm »
API has had to be filled in for years for any flights/airline. Possibly you had done it at booking previously so didn't get the prompt and just didn't notice.

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 06:34:31 pm »
API has had to be filled in for years for any flights/airline. Possibly you had done it at booking previously so didn't get the prompt and just didn't notice.
No def not done last October at booking stage as I have never got my passport at hand when I book the flight. But last year I did not bother to try to in check in online, as in previous years every time I turned up for the 5a.m flight ( check in at around 2-3 a.m ish or so)  the bag drop desk has always been shut, so you have to join the standard check in queue anyway, so it became pointless ::)

But last October as I did not bother to check in online, I found that the bag drop desk was actually open and only two couples were in the queue . This time I will check in as my flight is not until 7a.m. and hopefully save a little time.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2019, 06:49:19 pm by Al »

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 09:07:29 pm »

Some airlines don't request it anymore

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2019, 09:09:29 pm »
As I am due to get back to my favourite island shortly  ;D .   I have had recently  a few e-mails from Thomas Cook with whom I am flying flight only, most to do with pre booking duty free ( Airshoppen) and any upgrades that I may want. However one was to confirm flight and seat details etc. but also to request API.  Now I am pretty sure that last October when I flew with them, when I checked with them, API was not required unless you wanted to check in online. This time it looks like they now want it anyway. Think they started collecting this a few years back and then dropped the requirement. Looks like it's back. ( could be to do with the dreaded "B" word )

Filled it in, and all set to go. Now waiting for online check in to open 24 hours before departure :D

My package is with tui but they used Thomas cook flights so not sure if I'll need to do it

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 09:41:33 am »
TC are definately pushing the pre-ordering of Duty Free stuff as I  have had a catalogue turn up in the post now. Must have cost them a few bob.  50% off with a price match guarantee of Cheaper than at the airport or the difference back. You pre-order and they deliver it to you on the plane.
Not going to work though. ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2019, 09:52:38 am by Al »

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2019, 02:23:40 pm »
Yes Al, I'm sure we heard somewhere API not required for some EU destinations but we have always filled it in when we go to the "Manage Your booking" section of Thomas cook. Enjoy your holidays....at least it will be warmer than UK is at the moment. :)

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2019, 07:12:46 pm »
All Checked in and boarding pass printed (done it twice just in case). Had other options of having pass E mailed to you as PDF or can have it sent to your phone or all of them ...Hope the bag drop off is open now  ::)

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 17, 2019, 07:29:51 am »
Bag drop was open and no-one in it whilst there was loads in the normal queue. Went up to the desk and was sent back in to the auto check in things to weigh the bags and print out your own bag sticker and put it on the case yourself. Then back to the desk where they had the bag off me with my printed boarding pass. The check in clerk then printed out my boarding pass again as I was told they sometimes have problems with the online printed ones. Got there in the end ;)

Still no online check in for Zakynthos so just joined the very big TC  queue in the airport. It was taking a fair bit of time so staff were calling out the earlier flights and taking them to the front ( they could do with louder voices as difficult to hear) Took 75 minutes in the end to get through check in. Security was no probs. Very few bottles of water in the cafes . The two sets of stairs that there were going down, now go to the left and right hand sets of gates, you cannot now get to all of them from downstairs and you cannot get back to the duty free once you have gone into the right hand set of gates boarding pass check.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2019, 05:38:56 pm »
Can be a bit of a faff sometimes just have to take it in your stride. It's great to finally get through and relax though. :)

mari

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 04:07:32 pm »
Can be a bit of a faff sometimes just have to take it in your stride. It's great to finally get through and relax though. :)

My holiday with tui my flights have been out with Thomas cook so don't know if I'll have to do it