Author Topic: Mosquitos  (Read 477 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Mosquitos
« on: May 26, 2019, 01:21:24 pm »
Are they an issue at the moment? Are people getting bitten much?

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Re: Mosquitos
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2019, 02:20:02 pm »
There were not many about 9th-16th as it was too damned cold for them in the evenings most of the time, just had one bite from something on the elbow.
In fact when I was on a walk  up in the hills you can normally hear the background noise of insects, but this year there was nothing, only the sound of the wind whistling past my lugholes :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2019, 02:27:16 pm by Al »
LIFE is what is happening when you are too busy looking at your phone!

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 05:01:57 pm »
Wife has a few bites, I have none. They're around, some people they like, some they leave alone; I used to get bitten to bits but in recent years I've been off the menu thankfully, that's without using any repellents as well. Used to cover myself to no avail and now I don't bother and they pass me by. Go figure.

portadelmar

• Offline Offline
  • Zante Wanderer.
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 06:19:09 pm »
I never used to get any attention but in recent years they seem to find me adorable. I am drinking less these days so the solution would appear to be to get slaughtered every night. No need to thank me. Just leaving for Paolos Corner for some nosh.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 08:31:58 pm »
There were not many about 9th-16th as it was too damned cold for them in the evenings most of the time, just had one bite from something on the elbow.
In fact when I was on a walk  up in the hills you can normally hear the background noise of insects, but this year there was nothing, only the sound of the wind whistling past my lugholes :laugh:

I never got bit in Barbados and went prepared very surprised they love me but then I didn't see anyone with bites. Mmmm maybe to early for them however, at home been in undated with greenfly never seen anything like it  :'(

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2019, 08:33:02 pm »
Wife has a few bites, I have none. They're around, some people they like, some they leave alone; I used to get bitten to bits but in recent years I've been off the menu thankfully, that's without using any repellents as well. Used to cover myself to no avail and now I don't bother and they pass me by. Go figure.

I remember you saying they avoid you which is good ... Hope you having nice holiday  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2019, 08:38:58 pm »
I never used to get any attention but in recent years they seem to find me adorable. I am drinking less these days so the solution would appear to be to get slaughtered every night. No need to thank me. Just leaving for Paolos Corner for some nosh.

This year I have bought some boots after sun with insect repellent hopefully this helps. I had to have a mosquito bite frozen off at Drs on my knee still got the scar. Since I had a tattoo of a dragonfly on my back my back is ok but everywhere else including my fingers are doomed nothing seems to stop them  :'(
Paul's corner looks good must try village sausage  :)

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2019, 12:00:10 pm »
Avon Skin So Soft works for me to repel the little blighters. Good luck :)

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2019, 05:07:19 pm »
Avon Skin So Soft works for me to repel the little blighters. Good luck :)

Yep agree, good stuff, took it with me but did not put it on the evenings as was wearing a fleece and long trousers most of the time ;)
LIFE is what is happening when you are too busy looking at your phone!

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2019, 06:47:01 am »
That's another deterrent which reminded me I also mainly wear something long, light & loose to cover my legs when out in the evenings. :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2019, 04:23:04 pm »
I'm thinking of looking at Avon on line is it good for other stuff or do you just get the Mossi stuff here?