Author Topic: Enjoying yourself Mike?  (Read 2074 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Enjoying yourself Mike?
« on: May 29, 2019, 01:47:20 pm »
You had any nice meals? Is is warm enough to for you yet?
You've gone for 3 weeks haven't you?

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Enjoying yourself Mike?
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 10:08:16 am »

Yes, mostly yes and four weeks :).

First day and Tuesday morning we had bit of cloud/rain but it's mostly 24/25 degrees during the day which is plenty warm enough for me. Just eaten at Shoestring and Vrisaki so far; Vrisaki has a new menu this year, I had Vrisaki chicken which is chicken (obviously) in a cream, mushroom, bacon and tabasco sauce which was brilliant with roast potatoes (I always specify roast Greek spuds with every meal wherever I am here as the default side seems to be chips with everything nowadays, never used to be). My medical "thing" means I have damaged taste buds and a small appetite so food is mostly a bit of a chore really but I ate all of it, much to my wife's amazement.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 10:19:36 am »
My ďmedical thingĒ Mike has very untimely raised itís ugly head throwing our holiday plans into doubt. Weíre due to fly out next Wednesday and Iíve been very unexpectedly contacted to attend two separate hospital appointments next Tuesday of all bloody days, worried is an understatement !!!

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 11:41:10 am »
My ďmedical thingĒ Mike has very untimely raised itís ugly head throwing our holiday plans into doubt. Weíre due to fly out next Wednesday and Iíve been very unexpectedly contacted to attend two separate hospital appointments next Tuesday of all bloody days, worried is an understatement !!!

That's a real shame Tony, I really hope it's nothing that means you have to cancel.

I actually got very lucky in that regard, two days before we came out I had the final five year check and was declared "all clear" and formally discharged.

I'll be keeping everything crossed for you next Tuesday.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2019, 12:25:37 pm »

Yes, mostly yes and four weeks :).

First day and Tuesday morning we had bit of cloud/rain but it's mostly 24/25 degrees during the day which is plenty warm enough for me. Just eaten at Shoestring and Vrisaki so far; Vrisaki has a new menu this year, I had Vrisaki chicken which is chicken (obviously) in a cream, mushroom, bacon and tabasco sauce which was brilliant with roast potatoes (I always specify roast Greek spuds with every meal wherever I am here as the default side seems to be chips with everything nowadays, never used to be). My medical "thing" means I have damaged taste buds and a small appetite so food is mostly a bit of a chore really but I ate all of it, much to my wife's amazement.

4 weeks wow you are lucky  :)
Yeah I might try that get sick of chips chips chips
Love vrisaki got free wine at the end of the meal there last year which was nice  :)
That's good then showed you enjoyed it to finish it all
Glad you having good time  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2019, 12:27:46 pm »

Ah no that's terrible fingers crossed for you and I hope you get to go

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2019, 04:21:34 pm »

That's a real shame Tony, I really hope it's nothing that means you have to cancel.

I actually got very lucky in that regard, two days before we came out I had the final five year check and was declared "all clear" and formally discharged.

Thanks Mike so glad you got the all clear and youíre there enjoying yourselves. Iíve since phoned and spoken to my surgeon and itís not good news at all unfortunately.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 09:41:55 pm »

Thanks Mike so glad you got the all clear and youíre there enjoying yourselves. Iíve since phoned and spoken to my surgeon and itís not good news at all unfortunately.

I'm really sorry to hear this Tony  :'( thoughts are with you

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2019, 01:34:09 pm »

Very sad to hear that Tony, is it holiday cancelling bad or "come back as soon as you're home" bad? In my case there were gaps when I was left to my own devices and told getting the right treatment was more important than getting quick treatment; sincerely hope it's the latter.

I said to my wife that if they found anything amiss at my appt, I'd say, "OK see you in four weeks" but in truth she wouldn't have let me do that unless the docs agreed.

Sending you our best thoughts and wishes, you've done so much for so many on here and on TA over the years and I get the distinct impression you're a big character (though we've never met), think the island and many people on it will miss you as much as you will it if you don't get to make the trip.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2019, 09:01:48 pm »

Very sad to hear that Tony, is it holiday cancelling bad or "come back as soon as you're home" bad? In my case there were gaps when I was left to my own devices and told getting the right treatment was more important than getting quick treatment; sincerely hope it's the latter.

I said to my wife that if they found anything amiss at my appt, I'd say, "OK see you in four weeks" but in truth she wouldn't have let me do that unless the docs agreed.

Sending you our best thoughts and wishes, you've done so much for so many on here and on TA over the years and I get the distinct impression you're a big character (though we've never met), think the island and many people on it will miss you as much as you will it if you don't get to make the trip.
Awe thanks Mike Iíve gone all emotional reading this, soppy git I am at times l.o.l. !!

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2019, 12:07:40 pm »

Awe thanks Mike Iíve gone all emotional reading this, soppy git I am at times l.o.l. !!

Just the truth, good luck with everything.

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2019, 01:15:02 pm »
Well weíll have to wait until around Tuesday lunchtime to see if we can pack our suitcases or not, once again many thanks Mike for your comments and support !!

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 09:04:41 am »
Thinking of you Tony and hope all goes well for you. I'm sure many on here would wish you well. Hope you will be able to get away on holiday.

Soupdragon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 09:58:58 am »
Thinking of you Tony and hope all goes well for you. I'm sure many on here would wish you well. Hope you will be able to get away on holiday.

Aye, good luck to you Tony. 
I'll be in a similar boat to you some time in the yet to be determined future.
I'm not putting my life on hold waiting for things to happen though but when the doc says it's time then we'll just have to deal with any holiday disruption as best as we can.

Fingers crossed for you.

Cheers.            Tom and Rose

tony welsh

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • www.photobucket.com
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 03:18:57 pm »
Thankyou both Sophia and Soupdragon, it means a lot.