Author Topic: Thomas cook  (Read 1053 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Thomas cook
« on: May 29, 2019, 01:49:29 pm »
Thomas cook hand luggage now 8 kg I thought it was 5kg but must have increased it  :)

kenny

• Offline Offline
Re: Thomas cook
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 02:59:46 pm »
 Thomsons have done the same they have increased there hand luggage up to 10 Kg.

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 03:36:51 pm »
A decent amount....tempting to manage with hand luggage only if not on a package. ;)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 03:53:16 pm »
A decent amount....tempting to manage with hand luggage only if not on a package. ;)

Yeah not bad but I deffo couldn't manage on that I struggle on city breaks  :)
You'll get more people struggling to put their luggage on board now  :'( holding the queues up as usual

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 03:55:25 pm »
Thomsons have done the same they have increased there hand luggage up to 10 Kg.

Ooh they being more generous my holiday is with tui but flights have been out with Thomas cook  :'(

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 06:44:57 pm »
Hmmm must have gone up recently. I had an allowance of 6Kg on my flights booking confirmation for the 9th and 16th May.  Just double checked my boarding pass I printed out and it mentioned there it was 8KG and I did not notice.  ::)  My cabin bag was weighed when I left B'ham but not when I checked in at Zakynthos. 
Every day is an opportunity to get ready for more of the same

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 08:23:21 pm »
Hmmm must have gone up recently. I had an allowance of 6Kg on my flights booking confirmation for the 9th and 16th May.  Just double checked my boarding pass I printed out and it mentioned there it was 8KG and I did not notice.  ::)  My cabin bag was weighed when I left B'ham but not when I checked in at Zakynthos.

Half the time they don't even weigh them to be fair I prefer not to make my bag too heavy because I don't want to have to lug it around the airport

Al

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2019, 08:15:20 pm »
Just checked "My Booking" for October and can see that they have changed that to 8Kg from what I printed out earlier.
Every day is an opportunity to get ready for more of the same

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 09:39:20 pm »
Just checked "My Booking" for October and can see that they have changed that to 8Kg from what I printed out earlier.

Wonder why they've changed it asking for trouble lol lol

sophia

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2019, 07:41:44 am »
Thomas Cook receive a lot of flack mainly so this is good. Also a couple of years ago, when the refugee crisis was particularly bad, we were flying to Lesvos, a main thoroughfare for refugees heading across Europe and TC allowed passengers on their flights there to take separate refugee donation bags free of charge. It appeared to run smoothly too as on arrival at Birmingham check in we were directed to the heavy items area and they accepted our donated bag no problem.