Author Topic: Cafe on the bridge  (Read 343 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Cafe on the bridge
« on: May 30, 2019, 03:18:44 pm »
Anyone been to the cafe on the bridge yet in alykes?

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
    • My Photos
Re: Cafe on the bridge
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2019, 06:54:27 pm »

Not as yet mari, it's often been a stopping point for a swift one in the past so I'll get round to it. Not tomorrow though, alarm set to do Anofonitria and Volimes before the coach parties arrive, then Skinari where I'll see if my ageing bones will get me down to the sea (actually I'm sure they will but getting back up again will be the problem :().

portadelmar

• Offline Offline
  • Zante Wanderer.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 08:33:54 am »

Not as yet mari, it's often been a stopping point for a swift one in the past so I'll get round to it. Not tomorrow though, alarm set to do Anofonitria and Volimes before the coach parties arrive, then Skinari where I'll see if my ageing bones will get me down to the sea (actually I'm sure they will but getting back up again will be the problem :().

Hahaha. I know exactly what you mean. Been up to Skinari quite a few times and never made it beyond half way down those steps. I wonder what time you have to arrive in order to claim the two sunbeds at the bottom? It always looks like the Germans have got them!

shreddie-eddie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 10:45:07 am »
I called in 2 weeks ago.They have extended the seating area into what was Jimmy`s garden,and extended the opening hours,there was an Elvis Presley tribute one night.There seemed to be a good turnover of customers day and evening.The girl I spoke to who is renting the property from Jimmy`s family had something to do with the Alykanas Beach Hotel.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 03:19:07 pm »
I called in 2 weeks ago.They have extended the seating area into what was Jimmy`s garden,and extended the opening hours,there was an Elvis Presley tribute one night.There seemed to be a good turnover of customers day and evening.The girl I spoke to who is renting the property from Jimmy`s family had something to do with the Alykanas Beach Hotel.

Sounds like worth popping in for a drink as its a lovely spot. Nice to support the businesses.  :)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2019, 03:20:52 pm »

:laugh: :laugh:hope you enjoyed yourselves. Bet the heat is doing your aging bones not end of good  :laugh: