Author Topic: Buses  (Read 311 times)

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
Buses
« on: June 03, 2019, 03:14:04 pm »
A lady is asking about buses on Facebook in alykes. They like to get out and about but not formal trips?
Any advice

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • My Photos
Re: Buses
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2019, 04:51:18 pm »
A lady is asking about buses on Facebook in alykes. They like to get out and about but not formal trips?
Any advice

Will just take you into town or the reverse. I did actually see for the first time in my experience a bus running from the airport into town this year, as far as I know these haven't existed before. K-tel do a "round the island" trip from the capital a few days a week but have no idea if they stop at any time to allow sightseeing, suspect not.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2019, 06:08:30 pm »
Any advice

Will just take you into town or the reverse. I did actually see for the first time in my experience a bus running from the airport into town this year, as far as I know these haven't existed before. K-tel do a "round the island" trip from the capital a few days a week but have no idea if they stop at any time to allow sightseeing, suspect not.

Best to hire a car I think too much hassle relying on buses

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • My Photos
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2019, 06:42:23 pm »
Entirely agree, we'd not planned to have a car for the whole four weeks but got a Hyundai i20 from Xenos for 23 a day which I was happy with. The smaller cars struggle up the hills so quite happy.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2019, 08:47:00 pm »
Entirely agree, we'd not planned to have a car for the whole four weeks but got a Hyundai i20 from Xenos for 23 a day which I was happy with. The smaller cars struggle up the hills so quite happy.

I think it's good to have a car particularly when the weather is up and down aswell. That's a bargain.
I bet you drive to McDonald's in laganas at night when you get peckish  :laugh:

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • My Photos
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2019, 04:07:33 pm »

I think it's good to have a car particularly when the weather is up and down aswell. That's a bargain.
I bet you drive to McDonald's in laganas at night when you get peckish  :laugh:

We were actually in Laganas the other day (I'd like to visit one night to witness the carnage but wife won't have it ;D) because there's a particular shop where we've both got decent jewellery in the past so she wanted a browse, ended up buying me a bracelet; and I seriously don't recall seeing the big M anywhere. Quite likely I just missed it though.

Her fave place to shop here though id the "eco art shop" in town, run by a lovely couple and the husband makes a lot of the jewellery they sell. Went a few days back because a ring wife bought a couple of years back had lost a stone so they're going to put a new one in, they were very happy to see us again ('specially when the other half bought a new handbag for 49). I think every time we walk through the door the signs flash in their eyes :). Quality stuff though.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2019, 05:20:01 pm »
I can't remember if there was a McDonald's to be honest just presumed there was  :laugh:
Sounds a decent shop shame the area gets a bad rep.... Bet you were there best customers all day  :laugh:

Mike

• YaBB God
  • Online Online
    • My Photos
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2019, 07:29:53 pm »
I can't remember if there was a McDonald's to be honest just presumed there was  :laugh:
Sounds a decent shop shame the area gets a bad rep.... Bet you were there best customers all day  :laugh:

There certainly was one but I didn't notice one this time, definitely a Subway though. Many moons ago there was a KFC in Tsilivi as well but long since closed; remember seeing it on our transfer on our first visit in 2004 which went via Tsilivi and wondering whether we'd made a horrible mistake.

I actually today went for a drink at Grapevines where we stayed that first time and had a lovely chat with Andi at the bar. Nostalgia :). Wife thinks I'm daft but I loved it; told her how much our (then) eight year old son loved the pool so much so she said to bring him back when he joins us next week at the ripe old age of 23. May well do.

mari

• YaBB God
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2019, 08:21:21 pm »

There certainly was one but I didn't notice one this time, definitely a Subway though. Many moons ago there was a KFC in Tsilivi as well but long since closed; remember seeing it on our transfer on our first visit in 2004 which went via Tsilivi and wondering whether we'd made a horrible mistake.

I actually today went for a drink at Grapevines where we stayed that first time and had a lovely chat with Andi at the bar. Nostalgia :). Wife thinks I'm daft but I loved it; told her how much our (then) eight year old son loved the pool so much so she said to bring him back when he joins us next week at the ripe old age of 23. May well do.

There was actually a subway in Barbados but they didn't have lettuce but had pineapple instead  :laugh:
We want to laganas for a night out when we met a couple on the reps night out in alykes it was fun but I was about 22  :laugh:

Grapevines is lovely  ;) bet it was nice to reminisce